oot back

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a Forest Shield Bug that decided to rest on my patio table. Clipped the antenna :nono:

35mr5zl.jpg

Possibly a Meat Fly I had to go outside and shoot this through the Double Glazing back into the Kitchen. Some signs of the reflections of the glass on the back of the wings :nono:

16kywj7.jpg

This was a small unknown spider and I am not sure if I have done okay or not really. You can make out some web material in his front mandibles or whatever they are called :)

1495bno.jpg

I'm starting to get into this macro stuff but not sure if I can get by with the lens I have. Bad workmen blaming their tools and all that :) Any C&C or tips more than welcome.

Last edited:
Back gardens can seem like the Serengeti when you start looking around.
I am also trying my hand at macro but not having much luck. I've started shooting at ISO800 to get faster shutter speeds which seems to help a bit. I have heard that off-camera flash helps so thats my next experiment.

Doesn't look to me that there's anything wrong with your tools, they all look pretty good to me, other than the minor wee faults you've picked up yourself.

The power of the internet, I was going to post to ask what it was but sort of googled my way to victory :) If I can find things to photograph in my small back yard anyone can.

Thanks all for the kind comments it is as always very much appreciated.

Back