OP/TECH Straps...

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I have heard that these are the mutts nuts in the camera strap world so I'm going to get one, looking around there is the Pro then the Pro Loop. I can't really tell what the difference is other than £3 in the selling price!!

Which one is everyone using, is it worth paying the extra for the 'loop'?

Thanks
Rob.

as far as I am aware rhe loop ones are for lighter cameras fastening on with the small circular things like mini keyring holders, Eileen uses on of the pro straps and loves it but I love my Lowepro voyager c

Well I have the pro on my D70 &grip and I can walk about all day with it round my neck
Its really comfortable and takes the weight well

I have just bought a couple of the loop versions to use with my gripped 5D and 1Dmk2 N.

I'm starting to regret it reading Dangermouse's post. :eek:

I've used an Optec Pro for a couple of years now, firstly with a 1D, and more recently with a 5D. Brilliant solution and really does work. I don't understand why people spending thousands on bodies and lenses, then skimp on something like this, especially when it's not even that expensive.

I use these and find them fantastic... but I'm a cheapskate with some things. :D

I have just bought a couple of the loop versions to use with my gripped 5D and 1Dmk2 N.

I'm starting to regret it reading Dangermouse's post. :eek:

Don't - I hang a 40D with 120-300 F2.8 off mine!

I've used an Optec Pro for a couple of years now, firstly with a 1D, and more recently with a 5D. Brilliant solution and really does work. I don't understand why people spending thousands on bodies and lenses, then skimp on something like this, especially when it's not even that expensive.

Is the Pro strap long enough to enable the strap to be worn bandalero style across the chest with the camera on your side/hip rather than round the neck with the camera resting on your stomach?

I've used one and I hated it. The padded neck strap is far too wide which I found uncomfortable and distracting.

I've recently took it apart to use a Pro-Loop on a homemade R-Strap

Is the Pro strap long enough to enable the strap to be worn bandalero style across the chest with the camera on your side/hip rather than round the neck with the camera resting on your stomach?

Yes, just about..

I had the pro straps and found them very comfortable,especially with a big lens and grip. Definately makes the kit seem lighter..

For £15 or so, it's well worth the extra comfort IMHO (y)

I have used one for a few weeks now, and find it the best strap I have ever had the pleasure to encounter.... On a D300 with long lens there is a fair amount of weight.

Ordered from Photography Ireland, and carries their logo, so if you see a Tog. with a bright red Op-Tec strap... could be me

I have used one for a few weeks now, and find it the best strap I have ever had the pleasure to encounter.... On a D300 with long lens there is a fair amount of weight.

Ordered from Photography Ireland, and carries their logo, so if you see a Tog. with a bright red Op-Tec strap... could be me

Mark above says it can be worn across the chest just about, have you tried this rather than round the neck? If so, what do you reckon as I will carrying a 70-200 with 1.4 converter which also is a fair amount of weight

They are a great investment for any DSLR IMO

you can get other connectors for them to, I replaced the loop on mine but I cant remember the name of the connectors i used, I got them from speed graphic though

Mark above says it can be worn across the chest just about, have you tried this rather than round the neck? If so, what do you reckon as I will carrying a 70-200 with 1.4 converter which also is a fair amount of weight

Yes it works well
Both comfortable and accessible

Got my Op/Tech Pro strap yesterday together with an XL system connector from Wokingham Photographic.

Very fast delivery from the supplier.

The strap with the system connector is perfect to carry the camera at your side and the strap across the chest (y)

Back