Open source Adobe alternatives

Messages
487
Edit My Images
No
I have yet to try it so I have no idea if this works well or works well at all but someone has back engineered a few of Adobes programmes and put them on GitHub as open source. The biggest interest ones are “Lightroom” and “Photoshop”


I have no idea how well they work, if they work, if they could damage your pc etc so try it at your own risk! However I have downloaded the install files for the Lightroom and photoshop copy and intend to try them, I have not yet installed them.
Lightroom wouldn’t interest me, I have a couple of paid for presets I rely on too much, unless they happen to work with the copy, but the photoshop programme could be helpful. Lightroom does a decent job and spot removal but photoshop was always far better
 
Is that how they back engineered it?
today we learned that AI has replicated much of Adobe’s Creative Cloud suite. ArtCraft is a small, two-person repository on GitHub that’s doing the rounds in the dev community that arrived seemingly from nowhere a week ago with an awful lot of code across a lot of projects ...

Two humans cannot generate this much code in such a short amount of time, or even a lifetime, suggesting that it’s entirely AI built. But how? Your author’s background before this was software engineering and I know how hard this stuff is. It would take quite some work for AI to build these tools. I’d like to fully test them, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to let vibe coded anything run on my computer with disk access. I have trust issues.

 
I would be more than a little cautious about the legality of reverse engineering the software, even if you don't sell it afterwards.
 
I would be more than a little cautious about the legality of reverse engineering the software, even if you don't sell it afterwards.
Yeah I know what you mean. I think it’s part of this whole “buying isn’t owning, copying isn’t stealing” or something along those lines.
 
I would be more than a little cautious about the legality of reverse engineering the software, even if you don't sell it afterwards.
Decompiling may not be but merely replicating look and functionality are and have been always ok.
Very glad this is hitting h1b scammers where it hurts
 
Back
Top