Operation Fox

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
So I have been lucky enough since lockdown to find I have have had foxes coming into the garden... even better cubs.. just by chance I'd purchased a trail cam to work out the routine of some Barn Owls I'd been shooting, so thought I would try it in the garden to see what our cat got up to... I got a surprise...

I'm a bit of a lighting weirdo, well all my work is with lighting... also do a little work with Pixapro who supply my lighting..

So I have been doing daily updates on my FB page showing the setups I have been using & the improvements I have made along the way, when lockdown end s I will use the same techniques to shoot the Owls, it's been a great project & one I will carry on until they grow & leave... catching a few shots along the way...

21st April 2020..

Had an amazing evening... So went back to the less comfy way of shooting, back in the hide. But have made it a little easier for myself by using a little technology.
The whole system worked very well last night, able to sit inside watching a bit of Family Guy waiting for the PIR sensor alarm to go off, then a quick sneak out into the hide. I switched lenses to the 100-400mm, this was so much better, nailing the focus everytime.
Again great fun to watch these two & now they are so used to the lighting, I was able to get nearly 300 shots without much effort, 50 very good ones.. A few adjustments to the lighting later for tonight, maybe a little soft light at the back of the garden to bring that in a little... There is always something you feel you could do better, but not bad so far..

a few images

Attachments

• IMX-105.JPG
    IMX-105.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMX-104.JPG
    IMX-104.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMX-107.JPG
    IMX-107.JPG
    356.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMX-202.JPG
    IMX-202.JPG
    460.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMX-207.JPG
    IMX-207.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMX-208.JPG
    IMX-208.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 31
Lovely opportunity you have there, I have foxes and badgers coming into my city garden but I'm not sure that I could set up a hide well enough. The trailcam is working for the time being. :)

Brilliant images.
Had a look at the video on your Facebook page....great stuff.

Last edited:
Colin these are fabulous and also really inspiring. I don't normally do face book but have had a dig. but sadly can't find much. I'm very interested in how you are lighting this,I have simply no experience what so ever of this type on nocturnal wildlife image making. I'd love to learn.

many thanks for sharing wonderful image making

stu

Colin these are fabulous and also really inspiring. I don't normally do face book but have had a dig. but sadly can't find much. I'm very interested in how you are lighting this,I have simply no experience what so ever of this type on nocturnal wildlife image making. I'd love to learn.

many thanks for sharing wonderful image making

stu
Stu,
If you click the link in his signature, and go on his website and click the FB logo at the bottom of the page it will take you to his page, and the images/video are there...
I don't want to post a direct link as it's not my thread.

Been watching this with interest (and slight envy) on FB, great stuff!

Bob, huge thanks I got to facebook via google searches but still couldn't find any thing,thanks matee understood on the linky thing bless ya mate

Dale how can you only be slighty envious I'm green as grass envy:LOL:

Colin sorry about this, but grats on the silver ware. I really don't get on well with facebook it's rare I'll go back again to look for something so you have genuinely inspired me

thanks Bob

Colin thanks for putting the videos up fascinating more to watch but a quick note of thanks both to you and Bob for the kind help

Stu,
If you click the link in his signature, and go on his website and click the FB logo at the bottom of the page it will take you to his page, and the images/video are there...
I don't want to post a direct link as it's not my thread.

Found the FB stills but yet to find/see the video?

Back