Opinions on the Olympus E300 SLR camera?

Also when somebody seels a camera that is advertised as body only what does this mean?

Does this mean that it does not come with a lens?

If this is what it means how much is a lens?

Thanks

Body only means it comes without a lens. Good lenses are expensive, bad ones are cheaper, you get what you pay for.

Olympus make good cameras, but one thing about them is that there is a much bigger variaty of lenses and accessories for the two biggest camera manufactures: Canon and Nikon.

I used to use Olympus back in the 35mm days (had an OM-20, it was awesome), but made a move to Canon for DSLR.

Whilst it may be true that there are more lenses and accessories available for Canons and Nikons, there are nonetheless plenty of accessories available for Olympus gear too. All you'd ever need is available so don't panic.

However - why might I ask, are you considering the E-300? It's an OK camera, but has been surpassed now by several other models in the Olympus range; namely the E-400, E-410 and E-510 - all available with up to £100 cashback from Olympus.

Are you after a new camera or second hand...? What's your budget...? shoot us some info and we can all make suggestions for you.

Whilst it may be true that there are more lenses and accessories available for Canons and Nikons, there are nonetheless plenty of accessories available for Olympus gear too. All you'd ever need is available so don't panic.

However - why might I ask, are you considering the E-300? It's an OK camera, but has been surpassed now by several other models in the Olympus range; namely the E-400, E-410 and E-510 - all available with up to £100 cashback from Olympus.

Are you after a new camera or second hand...? What's your budget...? shoot us some info and we can all make suggestions for you.

My budget is around the 150 - 200 mark for a second hand or maybe new if theres anything in the sales :)

Also somebody offered me the olympus e-10 for around this price with a wide angle lens thrown in for this price.

I had a e-300, it was pretty heavy and the screen is small but it felt robust. The pictures aren't compressed so less pictures fit on the card. It all worked nicely good clear screen, i had mine until my mirror broke and then it was replaced with a 400d

HTH

Mark

I think you are going to struggle to get DSLR kit on 200 quid. Maybe on fleabay if you keep looking, but I just had a quick look and saw a E330 for £250 with lens so even that is 50 over your budget. I saw a few Canons but they are holding out on price fairly well and still over your budget.

I recommend you save a bit more, do some overtime and get to about £400 and maybe grab a E410 deal or the D40x, seriously you will be lucky to get going on the money you have right now.

John.

Back