Opinions on these...........

The first is the only one you'll really get away with a tc on, but personally I'd be going for the second, if I were a Canon shooter...

Andy, how hard would it be to just tell us which items you're interested in, rather than requiring us to click on 4 separate links? That's just inconsiderate.

And what you want to use them for??

Depends on your budget and what your going to use the lens for really, the 70-200 L lens is an absolute cracker, the 70-300 IS is a very good lens - not as good as the 70-200, but has IS and te extra 100mm.

will be used for airshows,surfing,wildlife ect ect(y)(y)
budget is around a £1000

thanks andy:)

Thats a difficult one! I have 1,3 an 4. Well I have the early version of 1, which was a better lens before macro was added.

Problem you have is that you will need a minimum of 300mm for the things you want to photograph, but the Sigma 120-400mm is a heavy lens. My favourite all round lens is the Canon 70-300mm IS. It produces some good results and is ery asy to handle. You really ned to go and try them.

Oh yes, the first is the only one you can use AF with. I have tried it on the Canon 70-300mm and it sometimes works, but not often.

I've no personal experience with either Sigma, I would have thought 250 - 300mm minimum would be what you were after (you can use a 1.4TC with the 70-200 F4 and retain autofocus - giving you 280mm, but drops to F5.6).
To throw another spanner in the works, have you thought about the 300mm F4 IS L Lens :shrug:

Back