Opinions

Edit My Images
No
Hi not sure what area this comes in so thought someone will see it here. I've just started doing mobile photo shoots for people and on a couple of occasions I've been and the kids wouldn't settle so didn't get as many pics as I'd like. I've managed to work with what I did get and provide at least 30 photos each time but I haven't been paid as the shoot didn't go as planned. What's people's opinions to what they do. I'm only charging £25 for an hour's shoot plus editing and give them all images (raw plus edited) on usb.
Any help will be great x x

Hi & welcome to TP

I am sure others who actually do similar social photography will come along in due course but FWIW here is my 'take on the question' bearing in mind I do not do social photography (other the odd occasion for a close friend) so what I say below is purely my business viewpoint ;)

1) Did you have a contract and what did it state?
2) In wording the contract for your services how did you explain what you would do and what you would deliver i.e. this is part of managing expectations..........vital in all business arrangements IMO
3) Where children are involved IMO there should be a caveat that their good behaviour is the parents responsibility and anyway the fee you are charging is for your time not the image files (which quite frankly you are badly undercharging!) Hence if their bad behaviour ruins or affects the end result, your fee is your fee.

In other words the fact that the shoot did not go as planned and hence you did not get paid is (in part or totally?) a problem of your own creation.

As I said I am looking at this purely as a business arrangement and I look forward to learning myself on what the social photographers here at TP might approach such clients ???

Edit ~ as your subject title is one that might not get the attention and feedback you want I will point this at one of the pro members here for his view if/when he is about @Phil V

Last edited:
Thanks for your opinion the agreement is the fee is for the hour's shoot and the rest is included plus they are still getting images, and I know I'm charging a very low price but this is just so I can build a reputation which this problem isn't helping lol x

Thanks for your opinion the agreement is the fee is for the hour's shoot and the rest is included plus they are still getting images, and I know I'm charging a very low price but this is just so I can build a reputation which this problem isn't helping lol x

But are you covering such possible eventualities of children mis-behaving in the agreement(contract). In the past I have read of one or two such sessions where the tog got paid but they as a goodwill gesture rearranged a new session at a reduced fee, though I think that was when the child was unwell and just could not settle i.e. not simply(?) mis-behaving.

PS In the case you describe in your OP did you, though not paid, still deliver the image files? If you did, how do you know that this/those clients were not just taking you for a ride........neither do you want a reputation for being taken advantage of.

(NB I would never deliver unedited raw files to anyone the edited images are your craft product and as such by giving them the raw files are leaving yourself to be associated with the possible future bad/awefull edits displayed by someone else ~ this could also affect your reputation???)

Last edited:
Great advice never thought about them using the raw images I'll change that from now and the last shoot I done I haven't gave them the images yet, have said I have images ready for delivery once payment is made as they've said will do a bank transfer.

Is this an advert?

Back