Opportunistic Lighting

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Down at Hythe again today to watch 4 or 5 liners leave around the same time. Knew the weather wouldn't be ideal, though at least the sky wasn't pure white (I hate that). The poor lighting made most images look very flat, but I could see the sun break through occasionally, so I knew this ship was going to catch it. I'm happy that it coincided with some really dark cloud in the background.
I'm also starting to think that the D700's megapixels are starting to look a bit insufficient (after cropping a bit of foreground water etc.).

i-crop13402.jpg

I think you've done really well with some not so great lighting David. My feedback would be for you to try and work the composition to make the subject more appealing. Do you have any alternate shots in the bag?

At the moment the subject is just sitting pretty much slap in the middle of the frame, it doesn't draw much attention for me and seems a little lifeless. I think a slightly wider shot, with some of surroundings would provide context and story and give me more to look at and think about.

Back