Opportunity for motorsport photographer

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got two clashes this season which I need to solve. Both are covering a sprint championship for Toyotas and Alfa Romeos. One is towards the end of the season, and I'll worry about that closer to the time, but the other is in May.

The first is the second round in the championship, at MOD Woodbridge on the outskirts of Ipswich in Suffolk - it is on the 22nd May. Its an all day affair, starting from roughly 9am to about 5pm and includes 8 or so runs for each competitors and prizegiving, plus the opportunity of candids and paddock shots during the day.

There is the opportunity to sell photos to the competitors, when given the option most prefer a DVD of photos. The organisers like to use photos for press releases for their sponsors, and this could see your photos being used in Toyota's in house magazines, plus some magazines.

You will need PLI of some description. I have £ 5m

If you wanted to come to Round 1 at Rockingham on 27th March to get a feel for how it works that would be a good idea as well.

Equipment - I manage with 300mm on a crop camera, and shorter lens for paddock and group shots.

Bummer, I am on my honeymoon then otherwise I would have done it!!

i would love to do something like this, but i dont think i have enough exp yet. so i'm out i'm afraid. GOD DAM IT!

I would love to but havent got the exp as yet but would love to tag along one day for some tips if possible (y)

If only it wasn't so far away I would do it - fuel and accomodation costs would be too much from Aberdeen though :(

andrewc said:
I've got two clashes this season which I need to solve. Both are covering a sprint championship for Toyotas and Alfa Romeos. One is towards the end of the season, and I'll worry about that closer to the time, but the other is in May.

The first is the second round in the championship, at MOD Woodbridge on the outskirts of Ipswich in Suffolk - it is on the 22nd May. Its an all day affair, starting from roughly 9am to about 5pm and includes 8 or so runs for each competitors and prizegiving, plus the opportunity of candids and paddock shots during the day.

There is the opportunity to sell photos to the competitors, when given the option most prefer a DVD of photos. The organisers like to use photos for press releases for their sponsors, and this could see your photos being used in Toyota's in house magazines, plus some magazines.

You will need PLI of some description. I have £ 5m

If you wanted to come to Round 1 at Rockingham on 27th March to get a feel for how it works that would be a good idea as well.

Equipment - I manage with 300mm on a crop camera, and shorter lens for paddock and group shots.

Hi I'm a new photographer on here(just got my self a 550d and sone bits and bobs)I'm not far away from Ipswich message ne through my email address please

Hi Andrew, sounds interesting :)

I have full PLI already, I've got nothing arranged for the 27th so could pop in for a look.

Ps. Are you going to the BTCC media day next week ?

Back