OpTech Camera Strap Users

They certainly appeal to me, but how do they connect to the Optech strap? Are they to do away with the quick release? :)

i wont change my mind on these :LOL:

they attach as the current ones do with the quick release clips
i will double check and post sample pics for everyone in the coming days just for extra peice of mind.

They certainly appeal to me, but how do they connect to the Optech strap? Are they to do away with the quick release? :)

If you're worried about the quick release mech, and don't regularly take the strap from the neck part, 2 small cable ties does the job nicely - just in case :)

If you're worried about the quick release mech, and don't regularly take the strap from the neck part, 2 small cable ties does the job nicely - just in case :)

Cheers. Not a bad tip. Before buying my Optech strap, it was actually a major concern for me. I often sling my camera over my shoulder, and to do it without fear is quite important. However, once I got it, the quick release 'buckles' are actually quite secure, however, anything that does away with the dis-connectability :)thinking:) is a good thing for me, as I never take the strap off.

So I may just use the zip tie technique (y)

Get the more expensive cable ties with the little tags to undo them easily without needing something to cut them with

Tried that - the only ones I could find were larger ones.... I can't find the tiny ones that are releasable.

TBH I just carry a few in my bags so if I do need to disconnect, I can put another one on afterwards...

Get the more expensive cable ties with the little tags to undo them easily without needing something to cut them with

where can I find these cable ties you mention .. please..?

edit:
sorted now, loads on ebay.

Last edited:
Are they little ones? Any chance of a linky?(y)

This is the one I was looking at. Emailed the seller if he has black ones but haven't replied yet.
Might just go to hobbycraft or staples and see what they have.

I don't think they are releasable ones though are they?

I guess you're right but I don't intend to remove it anyway. Still haven't got a reply from seller. If you find anything please post a link.

Back