Optech Pro Camera Strap??? any good?

Name
Alex Burge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys.

Im after a new camera strap and see that many of you are using Optech straps.
are they really as good as people say?
the one im looking at is the 'Optech Pro Camera 'Standard' Strap', is this the best of the bunch or is there a better one? :thinking:

one thing that does concern me is the use of quick release platick buckles. are they safe? i already have a lowepro strap that uses similar system but i have no faith in its strength at all! :(

any help apreciated as always (y)

They are great.

Only downside is that if your not wearing a collared shirt they can induce serious sweaty neck syndrome.

I like the way the strap unclips... for tripod work I then clip the bits together... in fact I often wind that bit round my hand and dont use the neck strap at all. (y)

I've got two versions... the loop strap version and the err... other one.

Both are great, I get mine from the USA as I'm too tight to pay UK prices!

I bought one similar in a shop in Ayr, it makes my kit seem half the weight. It was only a tenner. (y)

Much better than the canon offerings, both my camera's are fitted with the Optech Pro Camera Straps, and don't worry about the buckle, easily holds a 1D and 70-200mm f2.8, and a friend has no problems with his 300mm f2.8 (2.5kgs on its own), well worth the investment.

Peter

I use one on the 40D body and also have a strap on the 300 2.8. I just unclip the strap from one and connect it to the other.

Very good and as others have said, the attached equipment feels about half its actual weight

My missus uses the OpTech USA strap but I find the Lowepro vogager C better and its cheaper

Ive got the Optech Pro, and I really like it. I also bought a Tamrac boomerang strap for my other camera. It was cheaper and seemed a good idea at the time, but the neoprene is so thick it wont fold up into the camera bag. I had the boomerang version and have ended up taking the scissors to it and cutting it down to a much narrower size. Go for the Optech it's well worth the extra.

Wish TP would get some more in - I'd have two - and I know as soon as I buy them elsewhere they'd turn up here.

Chris

Look at USA Ebay sellers, I got two for about £9 delivered (£4.50 each.. OK the USD was 2:1, and the pound isn't quite as strong now...) but its still really cheap. Those things over there come almost free in boxes of cornflakes... dirt cheap.

Big markup here.

Very comfortable to use either round neck or on one shoulder.

right im sold! :LOL:

Bristol cameras have them for £16 and have been needing to get an 82mm uv filter for my new Sigma 24-70, and they seem to be the cheapest for the sigma ex filter, so i think im going to have to bite the bullet and order! ;)

anyone else think im trying to talk myself into this???

thats because i am! the wife is gonna kill me!

i have spent way too much on kit this month as it is :bonk:

Just get one bought, the difference they make when lugging heavy kit about all day is amazing, it's not a luxury, it's a necessity ;)

good man Flash, well put (y)

and of course its much cheaper to repace a scratched filter than it is a lens... :nuts:

was looking at ordering one from the states on saturday..from B+H i think it was..$16 for the pro strap,but get this...with postage it worked out at $88 :eek::eek::eek:how the hell can they charge $72 for postage..

anyone know where i can actually get one that works out cheaper than buying the crown jewels :LOL:

was looking at ordering one from the states on saturday..from B+H i think it was..$16 for the pro strap,but get this...with postage it worked out at $88 :eek::eek::eek:how the hell can they charge $72 for postage..

anyone know where i can actually get one that works out cheaper than buying the crown jewels :LOL:

:LOL: Warehouse Express

Wokingham are good, I've had a couple of straps from them, they were doing free p+p on the pro straps, but I don't know if they still are. there are also a couple of quite cheap UK ebay sellers who stock the straps in various colours.

I bought mine from Bristol Cameras.
They are a great strap but I have only one thing I do not like about them and that is the material is not as stiff as, in my case, the Canon straps and therefore just slides to one side of the loop attachment on the camera.
A minor point and far outweighed by the advantages of the strap.

Back