Optic 2000 Tour Auto 2017

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
It was a bit of a shock to the system this! After a break from motorsport since September last year, I felt a bit thrown in at the deep end, following the Tour Auto around France.
I was lucky enough to follow the event in its entirety, from the opulent start at the Grand Palais in Paris, through the to very last night stage in Biarritz.
It's the third time I've shot this event, and I really think it is one of the best classic motorsport events in Europe, if not the world.

1) The very Grand Palais
Tour Auto 2017 by Matty, on Flickr

2) Lighty light

3) Four Star??

4) 1/20th of Le Mans

5) Cheeky

6) Speeeeeeed

7) Sunshine in Springtime

8) Bridge over Troubled Water

17) Into the night

18) Heading to the hills

19) The Pyrenees were a little contrasty

20) Local Run About

21) Fat Ass

22) Galloping Horses

23) Cocking a Wheel (This Ligier JS2 was immense)

24) Into the night at the bitter end in Biarritz

Sorry there's a lot of shots! Thanks for looking, if you made it this far!

Matty

Like a boss. Great set mate, hard to pick a favourite.

Cheers dude, can't wait to go into an event not feeling as rusty as a bag of nails

Top shots Matt, 15 is a fave, but most of them could be.
John

Thanks very much John, glad to hear they went down well! Cheers

Very nice set enjoyed looking at these if I had to pick a favorite it would have to be 12 closely followed by 18 what a glorious event to shoot.

Thanks buddy, it really is an awesome event, it's seriously underrated I think, and doesnt get anywhere near as much coverage as it should do!

Top top class.

If I had to choose, I'd go with 4, 16 & 19.

Thank you Brian, you don't have to choose you know!! Appreciate it dude!

Superb set Matty, great variety and lots of well seen shots. Would make a great event calendar.

Great set, don't think I could pick a favourite - each photo has its own merits!!!
Looks like a superb adventure...
Thank you for sharing.

Matt

Great set again Matty, think the break has done you good, came back even stronger :clap:

Cheers Graeme. Much appreciated man, let's see how we get on at Spa at the weekend eh!!

Great set, don't think I could pick a favourite - each photo has its own merits!!!
Looks like a superb adventure...
Thank you for sharing.

Matt

Thank you very much. It's always a really enjoyable event to follow, the mix of circuits, closed road stages and French countryside and sleepy villages make it a definite favourite of mine. Really glad you enjoyed the set. Cheers

What a fantastic set Matty, that really tells a story about the event and its prestige. Very well done.

Simon.

4, 6, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 24 are all belters imo. Fantastic set and one hell of an experience no doubt. Well done, Matty and thanks for sharing.

Love the set, 4, 7 and 8 for me! Great shooting :)

Thanks Brian, very much appreciated. I tried to factor in as much variety as I could!

What a fantastic set Matty, that really tells a story about the event and its prestige. Very well done.

Simon.

Thank you Simon, I really tried to show as many different elements of the event as I could, and I am glad that shows through somewhat. I could really have done with a little practice before heading out, as I didn't feel that I brought my A game as much as I could have.

4, 6, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 24 are all belters imo. Fantastic set and one hell of an experience no doubt. Well done, Matty and thanks for sharing.

Cheers Ian, appreciate the kind words. Glad that they work well for you, it's a really enjoyable event, as it isn't just constrained to track or stage like other conventional motorsport events, this makes it more of a challenge, but a lot more fun to shoot. Thanks again!

Back