Orb Weaver (10)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
I've not really been messing about with Macro/Close-Up stuff recently so I guess it's about time I posted somethin' in these parts.

X-T1, Schneider 120mm Makro-Symmar Lens, 1/180th @ F5.6, Self made focusing tubes & lens panel, Modified Ring Flash, Bit of forward tilt on lens panel to improve DoF.
Orb Weaver (10)-02443 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Jeepers. I don't understand a word of the the gear info (apart from lens and settings) but the result is fab.

Gaz

Hi George, Looks a fab little critter and nicely taken.
Over at flickr its not doing you any favours though, large shot looks noisey and fuzzy.
How small/big was this one ?

Jeepers. I don't understand a word of the the gear info (apart from lens and settings) but the result is fab.

Gaz

Thanks Gary, appreciate your comments.(y)

"The lens is one I use on a 5x4 monorail camera. It's of course a none focusing lens which meant for me to use it on a small format camera I had to make something that would enable me to focus the lens and adapt it to fit, hence the focusing extension tubes.

The lens panel that I made enables me to use the lens with a full set of technical camera movements ie rise/fall/swing/tilt etc just like using a technical camera in a studio etc. The forward tilt movement used on this shot gives more DoF in one plain without the need for stopping the lens down. That's basically it in a nutshell".

George.

Hi George, Looks a fab little critter and nicely taken.
Over at flickr its not doing you any favours though, large shot looks noisey and fuzzy.
How small/big was this one ?

Thanks Graham, appreciate your comments.(y)

"Little bit noisy due to hi-ish ISO".

George.

Good shot George, lots of detail around the spiders body, especially when viewed on flickr

Good shot George, lots of detail around the spiders body, especially when viewed on flickr

Thanks for that Steve, really appreciate you stoppin' by m8.(y)

"Not seen much of you over recent times".

George.

Nice shot George... there is a slight purple cast but that may just be work computer or intentional. :D

Nice pose though (y)

Nice shot George... there is a slight purple cast but that may just be work computer or intentional. :D

Nice pose though (y)

Thanks Bryn, appreciated as always.(y)

"Colour looks about right on my calibrated unit".

George.

Thanks for that Steve, really appreciate you stoppin' by m8.(y)

"Not seen much of you over recent times".

George.
I'm still about mate, just not so much in the X-T1 thread anymore since i moved it on.

Very nice, detailed and creepy! ;)

Thanks for that Jacques, appreciate you stoppin' by.(y)

"I see your from Croydon, I used to live in Thornton Heath".:D:D

George.

Last edited:
Thanks Gary, appreciate your comments.(y)

"The lens is one I use on a 5x4 monorail camera. It's of course a none focusing lens which meant for me to use it on a small format camera I had to make something that would enable me to focus the lens and adapt it to fit, hence the focusing extension tubes.

The lens panel that I made enables me to use the lens with a full set of technical camera movements ie rise/fall/swing/tilt etc just like using a technical camera in a studio etc. The forward tilt movement used on this shot gives more DoF in one plain without the need for stopping the lens down. That's basically it in a nutshell".

George.

Fascinating technical details. Nice image too George.

Back