Beginner ordered a nikon 70-300mm vr af-p lens, question

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

Ive ordered a Nikon 70-300mm af-p vr.

There is no Vr button on this lens but is VR, will my Nikon d3300 have a setting for me to keep vr ''on'' at all times?? Or will this lens work as it should mounted straight on?

Ive also read I may need to check if I need a firmware update. Can a camera shop do this for me so that I don't mess up anywhere.

any advise will be great.

I think the D3300 was the first D3X00 series camera that works with the AF-P lenses so you should be fine but might need to update the firmware.

I think the D3300 was the first D3X00 series camera that works with the AF-P lenses so you should be fine but might need to update the firmware.

Ye apprantly it says from d3300 onwards, my kit lens os a af-p but not vr, ill check the firm ware.

Ive had a look through my settings and cant see vr on/off. But my firm ware states c1.01

That should be OK.

• • AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G lenses are now supported. Vibration reduction can be enabled or disabled using the new Optical VR option in the photo SHOOTING MENU, which is displayed when an AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR lens is attached.

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/174.html

That should be OK.

• • AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G lenses are now supported. Vibration reduction can be enabled or disabled using the new Optical VR option in the photo SHOOTING MENU, which is displayed when an AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR lens is attached.

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/174.html

Arr ok so if i upgrade the firmware that optical VR option should apear? Or as stated when i attatch the vr lens that option will appear?

Last edited:
If you already have 1.01 you shouldn't need to do anything. Once you attach an AF-P lens the relevant menu choice should show up.

AL

Edit. I could have worded this better. The menu won't show up automatically, you will need to go into the menu to see the VR on/off choices.

Last edited:
If you already have 1.01 you shouldn't need to do anything. Once you attach an AF-P lens the relevant menu choice should show up.

AL

Edit. I could have worded this better. The menu won't show up automatically, you will need to go into the menu to see the VR on/off choices.

Sure so as soon as i put the lens on, i can go into the settings menu and choose vr on or off :), i love this forum for everyones advise and help

Back