Ordered a Nikon D40 and then I did not = fuming!

Edit My Images
Yes
Ordered a D40 last night from Amazon but my card got bloody declined, this was at 11pm.

Barclays had put a freeze on it due to several Internet transactions I have made over the weekend. Only just been able to get the freeze removed.

[S3]I do appreciate that they are looking after my money, but little did they know its just cost me the cashback deal from Nikon.[/S3]

The order got cancelled. If I order now it will have Sept 1st on the receipt, so no £40 cashback.

I also notice that the D60 has come down in price, now that the cashback is over.

Body = £304.99 (Mifsuds)
Ordinary Kit = £319 (Jessops)
VR Kit = £349 (Jessops)

Might be worth ringing customer Services and explaining politely that this has cost you money.

You never know, they might cough up.

Bummer! I recently had a credit card be blocked, due to some suspicious transactions. . . in Tesco, and the station.

A friend of mine got his card stopped by the bank for "unusual activity" when he used it at Schiphol airport. He was halfway between Bergen and Humberside with a lay over before his homeward flight and they left him stuck at the airport without even the taxi fayre to a hotel he couldn't pay for.
The real kicker for him was that he's a oil company geologist working out of Norway and passes through Schiphol twice a month in one direction or the other, so how "unusual" was it for him to use his card there?

I bought an item via paypal with my visa and for the next six weeks the same amount was paid to the same person, Fortunately the person in question was an honest gentleman who informed me straight away.
When I approached paypal they saw nothing wrong going on in my account until the gent rang them to prove this was happening.
This turned out to be a reoccuring payment and the gent even paid the money back by a bank transfer ....dodgy or what

I kept getting my card frozen when I was travelling, apparently it was because it was being used in different cities???

I had let them know where and when I was going places, but they kept doing it.

Worst was when I had only only a few dollars and it got frozen, my call to them lasted roughly 1 min and was them asking security questions, then it cut off... I had no money, no way of getting it and they only accept reverse charge calls if you have lost/got your card stolen!

Over the whole trip I must of paid upwards of £80 in calls back to the UK!!!

Sometimes it leaves me fuming!

I had let them know where and when I was going places, but they kept doing it.

This happened to me just a few days ago! I'm in Singapore, I told my bank the dates I'd be out here for, it was working perfectly for the first 2-3 weeks, then suddenly decided me being in Singapore was a bit suspicious :thinking:

I had to wait around and eventually got the automated call, confirmed the transactions were genuine, and the block was removed and I could pay back the money I'd borrowed from people over the course of the day!

I'm moaning, but to be honest I'm glad they're on the ball, I'd rather be inconvenienced for one day than have my entire account wiped out!

Ordered a D40 last night from Amazon but my card got bloody declined, this was at 11pm.

Barclays had put a freeze on it due to several Internet transactions I have made over the weekend. Only just been able to get the freeze removed.

[S3]I do appreciate that they are looking after my money, but little did they know its just cost me the cashback deal from Nikon.[/S3]

The order got cancelled. If I order now it will have Sept 1st on the receipt, so no £40 cashback.

I also notice that the D60 has come down in price, now that the cashback is over.

Body = £304.99 (Mifsuds)
Ordinary Kit = £319 (Jessops)
VR Kit = £349 (Jessops)

But why leave it until the very last hour of the promotion to order the goods????

A friend of mine got his card stopped by the bank for "unusual activity" when he used it at Schiphol airport. He was halfway between Bergen and Humberside with a lay over before his homeward flight and they left him stuck at the airport without even the taxi fayre to a hotel he couldn't pay for.
The real kicker for him was that he's a oil company geologist working out of Norway and passes through Schiphol twice a month in one direction or the other, so how "unusual" was it for him to use his card there?

maybe something to do with yorkshire men being tight with their money....:LOL:

Oi I am not tight with money (lol)

I once drove 40 miles to collect a car from a garage, I gave them my debit card to pay for it knowing the funds were in the bank, it was declined, they tried again, declined so he phoned up to do it over the phone, declined, all the girl on the phone would say is sorry i'm going to have to decline that transaction, I was bloody fuming, it's MY MONEY:bang:

I went to a cash point to check it, yes it was there, I went back, showed the salesman the slip showing the balance, he tried again, declined:bonk:

I went home, this was in the evening so the bank was closed, next day I was on the doorstep at 9.30am

They were very sorry, the manager apologised personally and credited my account with £100 for the inconvenience of having to make another 80 mile round trip

so it's worth complaining

This happened to me just a few days ago! I'm in Singapore, I told my bank the dates I'd be out here for, it was working perfectly for the first 2-3 weeks, then suddenly decided me being in Singapore was a bit suspicious :thinking:

Same thing happened to a friend's son who was doing the backpacking thing around Oz. He'd been there several months when they decided to stop his card. Of course, Sod's Law meant that he wasn't in a big city when it happened but some hick town in the outback :bang:

To make it worse, it was a Student account, and what do students do? They go backpacking around Oz.

Happend to me as I was buying my event Dye Sub printer. To be fair to my card company it was £1500 worth of kit following another £500 on other things, so I couldn't be that cross with them. I sorted it out within about 10 mins and didn't cost me anything.

I think we'd all be a bit cross if after we found someone defauding our cards the company turing round and saying "well it looked odd, but we didn't want to inconvenience you, now about this money you owe us..."

My wife had a call from TSB as she used her card at the weekend all went through OK but they where just checking.... i remember my card being refused in Spain, a paid for some groceries, then went for my fags.... £200 no it won't work, phoned them up i was by the pool asked what was going on, you have to tell them to remove the security thats set up for suspicious transactions in other countries so i swished my feet in the pool holding the phone near my feet and said can i buy my fags now...anyway went back the girl at the kiosk put my card through again and said non i am sorry:bang:, well WHAT i will bloody call them again:bang::bang::rules:, then she winked:naughty: and smiled, she got me,,,, i forgave her as she through in a 1/2 bottle of rum and some lighters as well...:clap:

regards mark

I only once got my card cancelled, and that was in Romania with no bloody local currency on me at all so I couldn't do anything! Thank god I had my mobile to call, it was all sorted within 3 minutes.

I guess we all have one.

Bought something on the card at JFK, got a supefast ride home on the jetstream arrived in LHR after 5 hours 20 mins, tried to use same card at LHR...declined...you can't get there that quick. I suppose the system ordinarily would be correct lol

Jamie

I'm in the process of getting rid of my Barclaycard as they're a bunch of incompetent morons. They broke my online banking back in February so now I have to ring them to make payments and still haven't sorted it out - they just keep sending me letters telling me they're looking into it.

Hopeless.

Nikon are pretty go at honouring the deal every if you are a day or 2 out fo day! I thought I'd missed out on the £60 cashback last year when I bought my D40. I decided to apply for it anyway and a few weeks later I got my Cahback cheque from Nikon :)

Give it a go, you never know it might work ;)

Back