Ordered new camera - Canon EOS 400D

Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone

Just had to post a thread to let you all know that I have orderd a Canon EOS 400D today and it should be here tomorrow. How excited am I..?

I can't wait. Got a cracking deal on Amazon, Found an email in my in-box from Amazon this morning, clicked on it and what's the first thing to pop up - special offer on a Canon ...it must be my lucky day.

I'm a newbie to photography - got my first camera at christmas, but i'm so into it! My Nikon coolpix 5100 has produced some great pictures and I will still use it - I love it, but was looking to step up to another level.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I can see all my money disappearing now buying new lenses, etc, etc, etc

Will let you know how I get on with it. :)

Nice one Blueberry - I'm sure you'll love it!!!

Next thing to do is show off all your pics (y)

Welcome to DSLR world, and yes all your money will start vanishing haha.

Like you I am new to DSLR. I got my 400D in October. Great camera, easy to pick up and learn and a nice easy to understand manual. 3 months on and ive just learnt all the basics and now exploring the more advance techniques. But I needed, and still need, help along the way.

If you have any questions ill always try to help you out. I mean anything, dont feel silly to ask.

SB

I've spent £20 this week just because a couple of people have recommended things on here, that I don't even need or know how to use yet!!!?? I am currently fighting the overwhelming urge to buy a nifty fifty for my 400D, and a monopod.....the more I read on here, the more things I want. I think I'm turning into a girl!!???

It's a great camera gives me so much pleasure

Thanks for the comments everyone.

It has arrived and its great. Still getting to grips with it but really pleased with my choice.

Perfect camera for a wee female like myself, fits into my hand perfectly. My better other half went out and bought me a storage case for the camera and lenses, a spare memory card and some other bits and pieces as a surprise - what a nice man!

Was out and about over the weekend just getting used to the camera. I will post some pics when I get chance. Got some new sunset photographs.

I think the nice weather brought everyone out at the weekend - there were loads of people with DSLRs taking photographs.

can i ask how much you paid? if you don't want to tell fine.

can i ask how much you paid? if you don't want to tell fine.

Hi, I paid £389 which included the body and the standard lens 18-55mm.

I'd looked on e-bay but was put off by some of the stories I'd heard with them being foreign imports and no warranty.

Back