Ordered some new Photography books...

Edit My Images
No
2 of which came today.

"Learning to see Creatively" by Bryan Peterson is the only one i have checked through so far.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...72569/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/202-1578419-3186266

During my 15 minute glance i noticed a few things. Firstly, a lot of the imagery in this book is stunning. Secondly, i found myself reading the stuff next to the images i liked and either nodding or laughing along. It really points out what to look for in an image and how you need to go about setting up the shot. It goes so far as to mention kit used and shutter/aperture settings.

On the face of it i think its going to be fantastic, but ill confirm that when i have read it.

The other books are "Teach yourself Photography" by Lee Frost as it was very cheap (havent checked it yet but reviews were promising.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...72546/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/202-1578419-3186266

Third one, which hasnt arrived yet is "Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera " by Bryan Peterson again.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0817463003/qid=1136572506/202-1578419-3186266

This one is apparantly VERY good, and exposure is something that regularly kicks my butt, so if it helps me ill be sure to say so here.

Learning to see creatively certainly looks extrememly promising!

good choices, i got a load somewhere that i should find and read....

Im in teamspeak with a mate now.... in the middle of installing a game..hes talking away and im reading the foreward of Learning to see creatively and missed everything he said :clap:

Safe to say i like the writing style, so it seems i will enjoy it.
It also talks about getting yourself in the right position for photos, including the often discussed topic of feeling awkward in public, although i dont think ill ever find myself lying down in rush hour manhattan as this book suggests :D :laugh1:

Good to know others have the Exposure book and that its good!!

I don't know what the Lee Frost one is like, but I have both of the Bryan Peterson ones and they are very good. The Learning To See Creatively one is more useful for ideas and examples than anything, but still worth it.

And when buying photography books, remember - ebay is your friend...

I have the two Bryan Peterson ones and find them both very good - easy to follow and digest and cover just about all you need to get you going.

I don't have the Lee Frost book you have, but have 2 others by him - The Photographers Guide to Filters, and The Photographers Guide to Night and Low-Light photography. Both are very good and highly informative, but I don't find them as easy to read as the two by Bryan Peterson.

I got the Annabel Williams book of Wedding and Portrait Photography for Christmas, but haven't read it yet.

Rich, keep us informed of your thoughts as you read the books :)

Havent even had chance to pick em up since they arrived lol.

Self studying for my CCSP so my head has been buried in the CSVPN book unfortunately. Will keep you all posted definately! When i get my camera back ill see if the info in them makes any practical difference too!

i find that TK MAXX usually have a few in stock, i've bought a few from there, i bought another today.... 'John Hedgecoes - new book of photogaphy' for £9.99 insteak of £19.99
As a bonus, they also have a few crumpler bags in too for around £40-£50.

Back