Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I've got a sailing trip booked around Ipswich with access to
Walton Backwaters
Mersea Island
Orfordness
etc.

Would love to take some wildlife shots, shots of poppy/bluebell fields and find a place ashore for some low-light star-trails. Can anyone recommend a location for some star trails within easy reach of a marina/jetty where I could take some star trails with some foreground interest (a Martello tower, disused building etc.)?

Also, what wildlife can one expect to find?

Orford Ness you have all the ruined buildings where the UK A Bomb was developed.
Southwold is interesting have a look at the shell sculpture on the beach and the fishing boats ( There is an excellent fish and chip shop in Southwold!)
Mersea Island havn't been for years but the oysters were very good and there were some old boats

Have a good trip

Orford Ness you have all the ruined buildings where the UK A Bomb was developed.
Southwold is interesting have a look at the shell sculpture on the beach and the fishing boats ( There is an excellent fish and chip shop in Southwold!)
Mersea Island havn't been for years but the oysters were very good and there were some old boats

Have a good trip

The shell sculpture is in Aldeburgh further south down the coast from Southwold ( which also has a good fish and chip shop but be prepared to queue it went half
way down the street when I went a month or so ago. Both are nice places to visit.

Back