Orion Nebula and Running Man Nebula

Name
Laurence
Edit My Images
No
52715651613_dfa0a2125f_b.jpg

Very quick imaging session, just over an hour before Orion got caught up garden trees!

Very nice, well done Laurence ;)

Very well done. Being very critical, the stars are just beginning to be elongated so some detail is lost in the nebula, unfortunately.

Can I dare to suggest you rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise to match how it's normally presented?

Still it's a very good image

Last edited:
Thanks for the "likes" and comments.
@wornish , You're quite correct about the coma present in the image. I'm using a small scope, the Askar FMA180 which I like very much although some blue fringing can sometimes be seen although I'm not over fussed by this.

One thing that has been pointed out to me as well was the obvious coma and it was suggested that my back focus was out somehow. The amount of back focus required for this scope with my ASI533 MCPro camera is 55mm which I can easily achieve. What I didn't know about was the need to add spacers if using filters in the imaging train to avoid coma. I had been told about this but had forgotten about it!

The filter I used here was the Optolong L-Enhance which according to the manufacturer is 1.85mm thickness in glass so I've ordered some spacers and together with the ones that came with the camera should be able to magic up something like 1/3 of that.
Thanks for your input.

Back