Ornate Cantil

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this one a little while ago and only just decided to look at it.

I've been messing about with the lighting and use of flash to get a moody feel about it.

Anyway I like it and hope someone else does.

489926527_W7i7N-L-1.jpg

BTW for those not familiar these are a mexican species and venomous

I really like this - the way the head is picked out is great. Is it yours? I used to keep snakes and always fancied keeping a few venomous species but a wife and kids put paid to that lark!

Phil

I really like this - the way the head is picked out is great. Is it yours? I used to keep snakes and always fancied keeping a few venomous species but a wife and kids put paid to that lark!

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Lack of comments from others leaves me bemused.

Graeme

Yeah strange - where did you take it?

Phil

Its one of a pair in my collection.

I bought them from a good friend in Estonia.

As you seem to like the image I'll post some others on the Macro section, perhaps it'll get more response there?

Its one of a pair in my collection.

I bought them from a good friend in Estonia.

As you seem to like the image I'll post some others on the Macro section, perhaps it'll get more response there?

Wow! You keep your own venomous snakes! Are you Uk based? Was it difficult to get your DWA license?

I'll watch out for the other shots!

Phil

Wow! You keep your own venomous snakes! Are you Uk based? Was it difficult to get your DWA license?

I'll watch out for the other shots!

Phil

I am uk based and found the DWA licence procedure straightforward.

As you probably gathered my passion for venomous snakes goes hand in had with that of photography.

I am uk based and found the DWA licence procedure straightforward.

As you probably gathered my passion for venomous snakes goes hand in had with that of photography.

Funnily enough it was snakes that got me into photography years ago! I don't keep any now :crying: but I'm still fascinated by them. I never kept venomous species but I had Chrondros (now reclassified?), Carpets, hogg - islands, a d'alberts, a red-tail and a host of common and rare-ish colubrids including L.P.Woodini.

Whereabouts in the UK are you based? I heard that DWA is a lottery depending on your local council. Do you keep any anti-venom stocks?

Phil

Funnily enough it was snakes that got me into photography years ago! I don't keep any now :crying: but I'm still fascinated by them. I never kept venomous species but I had Chrondros (now reclassified?), Carpets, hogg - islands, a d'alberts, a red-tail and a host of common and rare-ish colubrids including L.P.Woodini.

Whereabouts in the UK are you based? I heard that DWA is a lottery depending on your local council. Do you keep any anti-venom stocks?

Phil

I'm in North Yorkshire and no I dont keep any anti-venom, too expensive, short shelf life and its POM

POM?

Back