Ornsay Lighthouse, Isle of Skye

Les McLean

In Memoriam
Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
Going back through some old folders from a Skye trip, came across these images that I hadn't processed.

First before dawn, second at sunrise, both with a Canon 1Ds MKII, 100-400 L lens, tripod, self timer.

Larger image link under each.

8sec @ f13, ISO50, 400mm

VK0I8642s.jpg

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/ornsay_skye/VK0I8642.jpg

1/50sec @ f10, 105mm

VK0I0066s.jpg

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/ornsay_skye/VK0I0066.jpg

Cracking shots, very atmospheric

Ah yes brings back memories

Two excellent images Les - love the bands in the water in #1

The sky and snowy backdrop is stunning in #2

Bleedin eck Les, those are stunners......:clap:

Colours in #1 are brilliant and the sky and lighting in #2 likewise............(y)

Cracking shots, I love the peaceful scene in the 1st, lovely colours too. The sky in the second is something special, the cloud in front of the peak nails it.

G.

Stunning shots Les, both of them. I particularly like the first though. I think it is the tranquility of the water that does it. It is very peaceful. Would be proud to have taken either shot.

Chris :)

Second time of looking Les, #2 is simply fantastic in every department, I would be proud as punch if I had got either of these...........:clap:

Two excellent landscapes. Composition, lighting, colours and clarity of image is top notch in them both :clap:

I like these very much! The blue tone to the 1st is great and the atmosphere in the 2nd is super:clap:

Very very nice and impossible to choose a favourite

1st has a calm almost ghostly feel

Love 'em!

Liking #1 best as the retained blues and composition are simply lovely. Surprised you kept the power pole in the shot but cannot say it spoils it. (y)

me and the gf stayed at isleornsay hotel and we just loved the scenery around the area and esp te views of te light house, both your shots are excellent, number one is very calm and tranquil whereas number 2 is very dramatic with the stormy clouds and wonderful light. thanks for sharing

dave

Back