Osprey's

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great morning at Gordons hide in Aviemore this weekend. We were lucky enough to see the juvenile's learning to catch which allowed some very close up shots.

Had to take the 7D to its limit on the ISO but I think the result are still good considering the high ISO. Lots more to go through this week.

1) Juvenile at ISO 6400

Osprey by Stuart G Wright Photography, on Flickr

2) Adult at ISO 12,800

Osprey by Stuart G Wright Photography, on Flickr

Well caught Stuart ... like the detail on the first but would have preferred it without the cropped wings, but still a cracking shot ... I'll look forward to seeing more of these as you sort through them, well done :)

Yeh, have to agree great action shots, clear, sharp, well exposed and composed. Pity about the wings in one but still shots I'd love to have taken(y)

Bloody Rainbow Trout are better than the ones I usually catch too:bang::D

Good action shots and for a 7d at that iso you have done well looking forward to seeing more these are my favourite birds to photograph
At Gordons or Rothiemurchus you are going to be in high iso most of the time..these are not as sharp as they could be, possibly because of the high iso or the big crop..but good well caught images never the less

Last edited:
It`s all been said Stuart (y)

Just superb Stuart (y):clap:

Considering talk about high iso and the 7D noise isssues I think you just blew that out the water

Just a note to point out it's a brown trout in the first image Brash and looks to be a fine fish too given the obvious size of the bird. Good effort btw.

Cracking images sturs,
The Juvenile Ospreys are fishing well, I had one being chased almost fly into the car this morning, another Ospreys was dive bombing it after it fished.

Thanks Gordon.

Really nice shots Stuart and glad to see the birds doing well. There's an osprey visits a fishery where I fish and it can't seem to make up its mind when to dive, so I now realise how much patience you'll need for a result like these!

Back