Ospreys

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Had another look at the Florida files to see if anything else was worth posting. The first was actually one of my favourites but I don't think I've posted it here before. The flight shot is a heavy crop hence the drop in IQ and the one with the chick has received a bit of gardening of the twigs in Photoshop

Osprey-twig-TP.jpg

Osprey-with-grassTP.jpg

View attachment 106913

Mike

Great to have the opportunity to see these, especially the chick, 1st for me :)

Is it my imagination or are these birds less strongly marked on the head than the ospreys we see in the UK? Given that ours migrate to and from southern Europe but mainly west Africa, I guess these are quite different birds? They seem a bit 'tidier' too. The only ones I know are the ones at the Loch of the Lowes, and they always look like they're having a bit of a bad hair day.

Great set Mike, the adult and chick is superb (y)

......a bit of gardening in photoshop, I'll remember that! :D

Thats a good set Mike

Cheers Den

Great to have the opportunity to see these, especially the chick, 1st for me :)

Thanks Roger, even the guide was happy with this sighting of the chick

Is it my imagination or are these birds less strongly marked on the head than the ospreys we see in the UK? Given that ours migrate to and from southern Europe but mainly west Africa, I guess these are quite different birds? They seem a bit 'tidier' too. The only ones I know are the ones at the Loch of the Lowes, and they always look like they're having a bit of a bad hair day.

That I coolant tell you Jan, never seen 'ours' up close enough to comment.

Great set Mike, the adult and chick is superb (y)

......a bit of gardening in photoshop, I'll remember that! :D

Cheers Phil - need to get the green fingers out now and again!

lovely shots

Ta very much

Brilliant, thanks for posting them!

The nest shot for me, I'd have that on my wall (y)

Thanks Web, unfortunately I'd always know about the 'gardening' that took place!

Fantastic Mike

Thanks Kev, not too long now until the Shorties start thinking of appearing hopefully

Back