Other Hobbies?

Name
Chéyne
Edit My Images
Yes
So what are your other hobbies alongside photography?

I'm into my cars, bikes and guns (rifles specifically)

Guitars

7Zs8Kb7.jpg

bLkyxeM.jpg

and cars, kind of.

3v1eCoY.jpg

and tech in general.

Always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, I just never got round to it and my hobbies now cost enough as it is. Photos are really good to (y)

That looks like a lot of fun. I've sky dived and done a couple of small aircraft flying lessons, unfortunantly I couldn't carry on with them either

Anything that flies without an engine (preferable with me in it)
Sod that!
and gun dogs
Now that I can relate to (y)

Hunting with hawks used to be my passion, but now I fly them professionally, its taken the shine off it TBH.
A bit of rough shooting, a bit of clay shooting that's about it.

History/archaeology (particularly military), firearms and shooting. I also collect books, mainly on these subjects but also Africana and wildlife, and enjoy SA rugby and cricket.

Bit of a petrol head :)

Not sure you'd call it a hobby, but my daughter :cool:

Food!!! Walking, motorcycling, golf. Most things outdoors, really.

Re-enactment - English Civil War ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1457856792.792144.jpg (that is me on the left)

Re-enactment - American Civil War: ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1457856870.656938.jpg

My dog - she does displays round the country, has been on the telly etc ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1457856970.255715.jpg

Luckily they all give great photographic opportunities [emoji3]

Cars
Roadcycling
Radio controlled cars
Model trains
Anything of a techy nature

Was martial arts, golfing and mountain biking...

Not been to our dojo for over a year.
Golf clubs and mountain bike are in the garage gathering dust.

Must make more of an effort on other hobbies :)

Cheers.

Collecting model cars, but not so much now. Going to the gym, weight training/bodybuilding, going to various motorsport events and finally work, because I get paid to mess about with engines. :)

Motorsport - doing, preparing my cars and organising / running events. Though not so much of the doing or car prep in recent years, since I seem to be permanently working on the house.

Ensuring Guinness maintains it's standards..

So you are the new apprentice..... well I need to retire as my 56" waist is proving a difficulty in getting trousers....

So you are the new apprentice..... well I need to retire as my 56" waist is proving a difficulty in getting trousers....

One of those jobs that someone has to do, I have noticed my waistline expanding but I put that down to an indulgence in my energy food...cucumber sandwiches..

One of those jobs that someone has to do, I have noticed my waistline expanding but I put that down to an indulgence in my energy food...cucumber sandwiches..

Too many calories in cucumber sandwiches. Go onto wish sandwiches .....

Mountain biking - it's also my job.
Tarantulas - I have nearly 100 different species.
Motorsport - Moto GP in particular
Music - have an expensive hifi set-up

Having retired: Not getting up at ungodly hours; Not staying in hotels all over the country; Not going to meetings where most of the participants, like myself, have no idea why they're wasting their time on this and, above all, Not writing software that will need to be changed at 03:00 on Sunday, because a business muppet neglected to mention the one item that they really need in the report, despite having signed off the design and the previous fourteen test runs.:mad:

After thirty years of that, my whole life has become a delightful hobby. :D

Mine's playing video games, reading (novels and manga), watching TV serials, doing crafts (like scrapbooking etc) and I'm trying to find time to get into piano as I bought one last year. But it's hard when you have too many hobbies. :rolleyes:

Hmm, and all very sedentary stuff. Photography is the only thing that makes me go outside. :LOL:

Collecting original comic art, oh and more recently getting into vintage watches. Used to paint a lot of garage kits (resin monsters, sci-fi, film characters etc, called garage kits as they used to be made in peoples garages) for displays and commissions but have no room for that currently.

Yeah, I'm pretty much a geek

I used to have hobbies. Then I got married. :eek:

EDIT: used to be into VW cars so loved going to shows, loved detailing, started getting into photography too. Haven't played any console games since I got married either.

Last edited:
Hobbies are hard for me at the moment as I am working in Scotland and live in Huddersfield so weekends are seeing the wife and just catching up on jobs.

But I made the decision to take a 2 year contract in Scotland as it is life changing money, the up side is I am done this August and the mortgage is paid of with a very substantial bank balance to boot and all before hitting 48 Years of age.

So then I hope to get back to my photography more and my mountain bike and motorbike and generally a much slower pace of life. more away weekends and some open spaces, we are also looking at buying a small motorhome and going off for long holidays.

Veggie growing, 2nd year on a huge allotment plot. My last 2 weekends on there consisted of moving 5 ton of well rotted poop.
Beer,cider and wine brewing

Bavarian Bierfests.

From spring to September each of the various local towns and villages, one after the other will have a village or beer fest. There is usually a fairground and a huge beer tent that can seat 2-3000 traditionally dressed people and families. They serve a few types of beer from the local brewery in 1 litre glasses, and some simple food. In the afternoons a band plays traditional umpah music, but in the evening it gets very rocky.
I research which ones to go to most Saturdays, and head out on the train there with a bunch of friends.

Last edited:
Back