Oulton Park Practice

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
A small selection from this morning.
The track was just a little damp with cloudy sky.

op1.jpg

op2.jpg

op3.jpg

op4.jpg

op5.jpg

op6.jpg

Gareth.

Very nice shots! What sort of settings were you having to use? I'd imagine that the light wasn't that great, so must have been tricky to get good exposures...which you did!

Very nice shots! What sort of settings were you having to use? I'd imagine that the light wasn't that great, so must have been tricky to get good exposures...which you did!

In most cases I used iso 400 but some were at iso 200. Most shots were at 1/200 to 1/250 sec to try to get some blur in the wheels. I let the appature take care of itself and it was mainly between f7.1 and f10. Lens was a Sigma 70-200 f2.8.
I should have tried some shots at an ever slower shutter speed to get some more blur in the background but in the end didn't do that.

Let's hope that the weather is kinder for the Superbikes on 14th July:)

[QUOTE
Let's hope that the weather is kinder for the Superbikes on 14th July:)[/QUOTE]

(y)

nice shots mate nice panning..

I was using 1/80 or 1/100 on that spot.

What metering mode? spot would have been best, imho there slightly over exposed in the highlights, maybe a poloriser may have helped or lower iso, i think most of mine where around 100-250 max with may be a couple higher then that.

I cant wait to return again for the BSB again, i went to the first rounds there earlier this year great circuit for bikes.

I was using 1/80 or 1/100 on that spot.

What metering mode? spot would have been best, imho there slightly over exposed in the highlights, maybe a poloriser may have helped or lower iso, i think most of mine where around 100-250 max with may be a couple higher then that.

I cant wait to return again for the BSB again, i went to the first rounds there earlier this year great circuit for bikes.

Metering mode was centre weighted. I agree that in these examples that the highlights appear over exposed. How would a lower iso have helped, I don't understand that theory. I have played around with the first image and reduced the highlights....

op7.jpg

Do you think that's any better ?

Gareth

Yes but the white is now a tad grey, i personal try to keep the iso as low as possible as it tends to be less prone to the nasty reflections, then again it could be i use manual mode and its actually my f/stop thats having the major effect.

I do use polorisers and nd filters to which have a major impact in those lighting conditions.

Back