Our day at West Midlands Safari Park

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a wonderful day, although the weather could have been better!

Didn't get chance to see everything, so we will definitely be using our free return ticket before the end of the year.

Once we had left the Park at about 4 pm, we headed home. But then on the map I spotted Kingsbury Water Park, so we headed there with the intention of having some nice surroundings, perfect for having a wee nap ... Only while we were driving around, we saw a lot of bird life, so of course this woke me up :LOL: trouble was I was a little slow in my reactions, and since the light was fading my camera had been put back in the bag on my lap ... so when I saw the 1st Kingfisher I totally missed the shot. Then we saw a second (definatly two as the colouring was different, the first was more of a purple colour, and the second was the classic vibrant blue)but I missed that one too, I just couldn't function properly! Both were less than 5 feet from my side of the car too :bang: Then to top it off when we finally parked up I saw plenty of other birds, including a tree creeper, loads of LTTS, Blue tits ... oh the list was endless. And that was just the birds, there was also plenty of Water foul floating about. I guess we will be returning there at some point too!

Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread :cautious:

Here are what I think are the best from yesterday, but there is a link for the slideshow at the bottom for you to check out the rest, there are 24 shots all together (out of 414 :eek: Not a very good ratio, never mind)

And may fave, cause he's just so damn cute...

CLICK HERE to view the rest from the day!

Hope you enjoy them (y)

Jo
xxxx

I was there last week, the white lion cubs where playing about 2m away from the edge of the road :)

Ohh and btw love the pics ;)

Some fantastic shots there Jo!(y)

I'm going there next month, what lenses did you use for the big cats?

Spence

My Sigma 70-300mm Macro lens ;) + patients, waiting for them to get nice and close to fully utalise the lens at it's best. Not many of those shots have been cropped or resized, just to give you an idea of how close (y)

Joe T did a thread asking about the Park a few days ago, check it out for a few more tips :LOL:

Some great shots again Jo :clap:, and that sounds a great place to visit.

Looks like a great place to visit, you sure came away with some great shots.

What a lovely set of images. The little lion cub got a big 'awwwwwwww' :love:

This is my favourite from the set on your Fickr page - the eye contact is lovely:
1412203612_959c7ec1cf.jpg

You used poorly people? As bait? :thinking:

:D

Seriously great shots Jo, nice feel to the light. (y)

OMG
rofl.gif
I don't believe I did that! Well spotted!

Thank you Minimeeze :) I like that one too, I just wish she had been out doors instead of being couped up in her small pen.

Great set Jo (y) The white lion cub is great and you have done well to disguise the grey fence .:clap:glad you both had a good day .

Lovely set of shots Jo, hard to pick a favorite. (y)

They really are nice, Jo. The colour of that lioness and cub is magic. What lens did you use for these?

:agree: with the above ... they are good

Thats a really stunning set Jo:clap: Just goes to show what a Sigma 70-300 can do in the right hands(y)

Really love that last shot, that and the one Minimeeze highlighted from your flickr account.

Great work!

Back