Our Mini Meet-Up at Colchester Zoo 17th March, 2010

Name
Frilly
Edit My Images
No
I took a load of OOF pics, due to my inability to hold a camera steady and operate it at the same time. Here are a few that have been 'dealt with':

No. 1

No. 2

No. 3 (Yes, they are carnivorous)

No. 4 - One picture that I got in focus out of about two million.

No. 5 - Bad close-up

'Twas a real pleasure to meet up with Tim and Dave and have the benefit of their company throughout the day.

#1 is very nice and #4 is a lovely timed shot, just a shame about clipping the wings.

Colchester Zoo is very good, i was very impressed with the quality of the enclosures and the general layout of the place. I did find that my 70-200 was a little short for some of the animals though. I visited last friday and plan to go back again with either a hired lens or after i have sorted myself out with a 400mm.

#1 is very nice and #4 is a lovely timed shot, just a shame about clipping the wings.

Colchester Zoo is very good, i was very impressed with the quality of the enclosures and the general layout of the place. I did find that my 70-200 was a little short for some of the animals though. I visited last friday and plan to go back again with either a hired lens or after i have sorted myself out with a 400mm.

Thanks for that. Let me know when you plan to go back and I'll have a go at being there, too, if that won't cramp your style too much.

Good work there Alan..(y)

Yes indeedy :)

It was nice to meet you, Alan, and to see you again, Dave. A nice day out :)

I'm still going through mine, but I'm a bit worried that with my rejection rate so far there may be nothing left to show. Dem birds woz tricky!

Last edited:
I swear, whenever I'm at uni, the meets happen at home, then as soon as I get home, the meets start happening where I was at uni.... :bang:

Really nice shots, I love the big pussy cats! The white tiger is awesome, I got some pretty rubbish shots last time I was there, hopefully I'll go again soon though and try again!

I really liked no.3 - a good take on an obviously overdone subject, made me do a double take.

Back