Our Tosca 14/06/00 - 24/11/10

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, its been just over a week since our beloved Tosca died of a sudden heart attack aged only 10. Even though he appeared fit and healthy he had a predisposed disease called HCM which is a thickening of the heart muscle which although undetected got worse over time until he had a heart attack and died instantly. Thanksfully as he was a house cat he was comfortable and asleep when it happened so there is some comfort in that. I would just like to share a few photos and pay homage to him. We loved him dearly and our lives revolved around him and our cream persian Gizmo who is also kicking around on this thread:)

LazyTook.jpg

HeldUpTook.jpg

SofaTook.jpg

ChoccoPaws.jpg

BWTook.jpg

This photo was only taken on Halloween.
tookclass.jpg

Thanks for looking, Phil

What a beautiful Cat he was, I lost one of mine last weekend, she was almost 22. HCM is tested for by breeders, should you choose another Persian, can I suggest you buy from a breeder that tests, it will save you the heartache of losing one so young.

What a beautiful Cat he was, I lost one of mine last weekend, she was almost 22. HCM is tested for by breeders, should you choose another Persian, can I suggest you buy from a breeder that tests, it will save you the heartache of losing one so young.
Thanks Dawn. In a way its a blessing in disguise (although its hard atm) that he died in this way as he also had PKD (Poly Cystic Kidney Disease which showed in the Post Mortem). Now when he was born i believe there was little known about it but i know now that it is screened for and there is a DNA test available so it may've been nearly eradicated now. I have rang the breeder to let her know of the cause of death and the other issue and she explained the PKD issue to me.
Thanks for the kind words Dawn:)
Phil

I still have a Persian, a brown tabby, she is 18, has a face like a damp weekend, but I do love the breed. I also had a blue he died at about 12.

We have the situation now where we have Gizmo and although he seems fine we wonder wether he will get lonely. Tbh they sort've had their own space but did play with each other. I doubt we would get another kitten while we have Gizmo but have said that we cant see ourselves without cats in the future and will get 2 kittens in the future when the inevitable happens hopefully not any time soon.
They bring too much to our lives to be without them.
Thanks, Phil

so sorry to read that.. he was a beautiful looking cat.. some comfort as you say that he went peacefully in his sleep.. you'll have some lovely memories of him

Back