Our trip to The Lakes, tainted with sadness.

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
We had a good trip, despite the awful weather and lack of sleep! Though tonight once I had finished my first round of processing shots, I did a bit of a search for more information about a missing person we heard about while there. What I found wasn't good news :(

When I was processing the shot below, no matter how I edited it, I seemed to get the same kind of look. This, I believe is because at the time of taking this shot, Ullswater had not long since revealed a dark secret. A 20 year old Nottinghamshire man had been beneath the water not far from this boathouse. He had gone missing early on Sunday morning, and this shot was taken on Monday afternoon.

On Sunday evening we heard people talking about the missing man at the site shop, and we saw a rescue helicopter and ground rescue team out. Then only a couple of hundred yards from our tent we watched some divers out in the lake, both on the Sunday evening and the Monday morning as we packed up. But We thought they were a diving school to be honest. Never did we dream they were looking for this young man :( In the exact spot they were looking someone on a Catamaran capsized a little earlier, and they were struggling to set it right. Someone rescued that sailor. It's a shame poor Josef Bulman couldn't have been rescued too. May his family find some peace.

2755194322_e7fd8d9385_o.jpg

I'll post the rest of my shots in another thread. I think this one deserved a thread of its own.

Jo
xxxx

Last edited:
Moody - very nice PP work on this image

Tom

Great image Jo. Very eerie looking at it and thinking about the young man that was under there. May he rest in peace and condolences to his poor family.

What a sad ending.

On the picture side of things, I really like it. Great composition and feel to it.

A sad story Jo but a great image (y)

Back