Out of date film :0

Name
duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys
Just wondering how long a film can be used after its used by date before it gets a bit funky with the colours ,thanks

Years depending on how it has been stored...what expiry date does the film have that you're considering?

Hi guys
Just wondering how long a film can be used after its used by date before it gets a bit funky with the colours ,thanks

Depends how it's stored, at UK room temps it could be over 12 years for non pro films and still only have a slight correctable colour shift....left in the Sahara desert and you would get some weird colour shifts, I would guess after a year.

Hi guys
Iv just been looking at the prices of film on eBay and i think some people are taking the p**s with over priced out of date film as I'm not selling my film cameras now I'm gonna start using some again i like the look of some lomography.com film as its got some funky films and lots of sellers are tagging there stuff with it and i was just curious about expiry dates and film :)

Hi guys
Iv just been looking at the prices of film on eBay and i think some people are taking the p**s with over priced out of date film as I'm not selling my film cameras now I'm gonna start using some again i like the look of some lomography.com film as its got some funky films and lots of sellers are tagging there stuff with it and i was just curious about expiry dates and film :)

Boot sales are good places to get OOD film.......a guy today had a stack of Kodak Gold 200 36exp expired 2008 for 50p a roll, well if you said "how much for say ten", I'm sure you could have got it cheaper.

Boot sales are good places to get OOD film.......a guy today had a stack of Kodak Gold 200 36exp expired 2008 for 50p a roll, well if you said "how much for say ten", I'm sure you could have got it cheaper.

Did you just ask or were they out front in their shop might have to pop down me local boots :)

Duncan, I think Brian's talking about car boot sales rather than Boots the Chemist! ;)

My most out of date film was some Kodachrome dated 1986 which I used about three years ago. It had always been stored at room temperature.

It turned out fine with a very slight blue cast. Kodak even honoured the 25+ year old process paid envelopes!

It would appear that if you add the words 'expired' and 'Lomo' to your listing, you can charge at least twice as much as a new film.

Iv just been looking at the prices of film on eBay and i think some people are taking the p**s with over priced out of date film as I'm not selling my film cameras now I'm gonna start using some again i like the look of some lomography.com film as its got some funky films and lots of sellers are tagging there stuff with it and i was just curious about expiry dates and film

It seems that if you add the words 'expired' and 'lomo' to your listing, you can charge at least twice as much as a new film.

Steve.

Last edited:
To their credit, a local D&P shop have recently managed to get hold of a load of OOD APS film from a now defunct branch of Truprint. They could be charging a hefty premium for the films but are actually knocking it out at just £2 per roll (or 6 for a tenner). Had a dozen off them so far for the MiL who likes the convenience of APS (even more than digital) and she reckons that should be enough to see her out!

LCE did have a fair bit of APS that they were knocking out for a donation to charity (50p/roll) but someone bought the lot and (at a guess) is now knocking them out at a premium on the bay...

It seems that if you add the words 'expired' and 'lomo' to your listing, you can charge at least twice as much as a new film.

Steve

Very tru i saw some muppet selling out of date b&w film for more than the fresh stuff lol

Back