Outdoor model shoot / test

dkh

Name
Dilip
Edit My Images
No
I have been using tfp to gain some experience in working with models especially to learn to pose better and understand and use light.

These photographs were made using mainly natural light with off-camera flash for fill and experimentation.

It's only after looking on the bigger screen that I wished I'd made a less of a crop of the last one (to include her feet and hand)

Attachments

• Lucy-Portraits (8).jpg
    Lucy-Portraits (8).jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Lucy-Portraits (9).jpg
    Lucy-Portraits (9).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Lucy-Portraits (11).jpg
    Lucy-Portraits (11).jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Lucy-Portraits (16).jpg
    Lucy-Portraits (16).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 132
I like all of these, only crib I could give is to what you've already said about the crop on the last one.
Lovely lady and fantastic captures, well done I say :)

Good on you for taking the plunge, you only learn by your mistakes or so they say.

Yep don't crop them so tight next time.

You look to have scared her off in b&w photo 3 although that might have been the effect you were after? ;)

I love #3 because it has some story to it. TBH, none of them are half bad at all, although you've overcooked the skin smoothing - especially on #1.

The first one has far too much facial retouching. She looks plastic. It's the first thing I notice.

That's way better!

I'll third that.
No 4 is the weak one, as already mentioned.

These are really nice, you have done well with them, I prefer the close up with texture in the skin, like you now have included, it's a shame about no4, with the crop, it would have been beautiful inc, hand & feet, the light is lovely on the hair. Keep up, I'm sure we will see some more lovely images from you.

Back