Outdoor Portraiture

Hi

Three very nice pictures here. The first one is the weakest for me. I think she is to square on to the camera thereby giving her a stronger chin.

I can understand why No.1 is usually the favourite : I like it too.

What pp was done on these?

I can understand why No.1 is usually the favourite : I like it too.

What pp was done on these?
Not a great deal to be honest ged. Apart from tweaking the levels and WB

1) face and skin - I used the spot healing brush in PS for the small imperfections, I had to zoom in real close to find them.

The trick to the smooth looking skin was having the reflector under her chin just under the bottom of the frame.

2) Eyes - I used the burn tool to darken the lashes and eyebrows to help bring out the eyes a little more. I also added a curves adj layer with a black layer mask and brushed back in on the eyes (only a slight contrast change was made to the layer mask)

I think that about sums this one up Ged

Cheers

These are great, all three are really striking but the first 2 are my favorites.

I like everything about them, the composition and background, the lighting and the pose/expressions etc... very natural.

which lens were you using?

These are great, all three are really striking but the first 2 are my favorites.

I like everything about them, the composition and background, the lighting and the pose/expressions etc... very natural.

which lens were you using?
Thanks Kevin, I was using the 50m f1.4 Prime on my D3200. The 50mm prime is a very sharp lens and is always my go to for portraits, I have the 35mm prime too and don't regret buying either one.

Cheers

Hi, I think they are all good images but maybe I see things a bit different than others.

For me #3 is the most pleasing followed by #2 and then #1.

Only my opinion of course, keep up the good work.(y)

Hi, I think they are all good images but maybe I see things a bit different than others.

For me #3 is the most pleasing followed by #2 and then #1.

Only my opinion of course, keep up the good work.(y)
George i can see why you think that.. the 3rd one has a bit more of a shy feel to the image because she dropped eye contact and gave a shy smile.

I really like all three with No1 being the pick of the bunch for me. Although I like the B&W pic I think the background is a touch dark and she kind of blends in a little bit too much.

Chris :)

id be pleased with all 3 there lovely. 1 is my fave though. :)

I really like all three with No1 being the pick of the bunch for me. Although I like the B&W pic I think the background is a touch dark and she kind of blends in a little bit too much.

Chris :)
Thanks Chris, Yea i darkened it down alot almost a low key effect, she was sat in a tractor wheel and the holes in the wheels were rather distracting.. The face is well lit so i was quite happy with the end result

Back