Outputs from a flash white balance exercise

GardenersHelper

In Memoriam
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some images captured yesterday in our garden. The story behind them, including why I used flash for flowers, which normally I don't, is in this post in my Journey thread.

I shot raw, hand-held with a small (1/2.3") sensor Panasonic FZ200 bridge camera with a Raynox 150 close-up lens and a Venus Optics KX800 twin flash. All used autofocus and f/45 full frame equivalent aperture. The raw files were processed in Lightroom, with a round trip out to and back from Topaz DeNoise AI. There are 1300 pixel high versions in this album at Flickr.

1627 01 2020_03_27 Subject 01 P1040912-Edit-2 LR 1300h
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

1627 02 2020_03_27 Subject 02 P1040955-Edit-2 LR 1300h

1627 03 2020_03_27 Subject 03 P1050021-Edit LR 1300h

1627 04 2020_03_27 Subject 04 P1050046-Edit LR 1300h

1627 05 2020_03_27 Subject 07 P1050155-Edit LR 1300h

1627 06 2020_03_27 Subject 09 P1050187-Edit LR 1300h

1627 07 2020_03_27 Subject 10 P1050234-Edit LR 1300h

1627 08 2020_03_27 Subject 08 P1050180-Edit-Edit LR 1300h

8 more in next post

Some great shots here Nick.
Seems you are doing well (in your garden) for early sightings of Hoverflies an Solitary Bees this season.
Whilst my 2020 garden sightings include a few Butterfly species so far, also a Bee fly, Queen Wasp, Bumble Bees, Hoverfly etc...I have yet to see any of my garden Solitary Bees.

I have had some luck, with my Garden Jumping spiders this season though!

Some great shots here Nick.
Seems you are doing well (in your garden) for early sightings of Hoverflies an Solitary Bees this season.
Whilst my 2020 garden sightings include a few Butterfly species so far, also a Bee fly, Queen Wasp, Bumble Bees, Hoverfly etc...I have yet to see any of my garden Solitary Bees.

I have had some luck, with my Garden Jumping spiders this season though!

Thanks Paul. You have had a better variety of subject matter than I have. That said, I have seen three species of butterfly while working and walking in the garden, which is more than usual, and also a bee fly and a bumble bee, but not when I had a camera readily to hand. No spiders yet.

"Walking in the garden"? Yes, my wife is especially vulnerable to the COVID virus so I am confined to our plot for at least 12 weeks. I have worked out a circuit around our garden which is one mile if done 10 times, and up and down the equivalent of 26 flights of stairs. I'm doing that two or three times a day to get some exercise. It must look odd to the neighbours, but I don't mind that. Given my photographic activities they must be well used to me doing odd looking things in the garden after all these years!

Glad yourself an your wife are keeping well/safe Nick.
Since this Virus is keeping many people housebound, I think it works out OK for us Macro/Close up guys!! because if we have gardens...then we have subject matter, an with a little effort, we can find some great subjects/images, right on our doorsteps, without the need to travel at all. ;) When you have a few spare minutes Nick, checkout my recent thread/post, all those images were captured in my garden! Cheers Paul.

Fantastic images as usual.
Just had the lawn relayed so can walk on it for 4 weeks - Perfectly timed for getting it established before the summer not so well timed for being confined to quarters or acessing the few early spring plants we have - its more a summer into late autumn garden. The one saving grace is having a dog and being able to walk from the doorstep into reasonable countryside once a day.
Dont want to bring the stay in doors debate here but a few swift hand held shots on route will have to do for now.

Thanks Paul. You have had a better variety of subject matter than I have. That said, I have seen three species of butterfly while working and walking in the garden, which is more than usual, and also a bee fly and a bumble bee, but not when I had a camera readily to hand. No spiders yet.

"Walking in the garden"? Yes, my wife is especially vulnerable to the COVID virus so I am confined to our plot for at least 12 weeks. I have worked out a circuit around our garden which is one mile if done 10 times, and up and down the equivalent of 26 flights of stairs. I'm doing that two or three times a day to get some exercise. It must look odd to the neighbours, but I don't mind that. Given my photographic activities they must be well used to me doing odd looking things in the garden after all these years!

Some one else had night time macro shots a few posts down. Im not sure what my neighbours would think if I had a flash triggering after dark. One cant understand why my lights turn on and off around the garden several times during the evening during winter. I have wireless activated light bulbs and can turn them on depending where the dog choses to pee.

Back