Oven - Where to buy?

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Any of you got any ideas on the best place for a good deal on a built-in electric double oven? The main oven in ours has packed up and so we're looking for a new one sharpish.

Cheers!

I got mine from Argos. As we were in no rush (due to a new kitchen being fitted), and Argos said it would take up to 28 days, we ordered it from there. It arrived 2 days later - typical isn't it? :LOL:

Lots of the major electrical stores will let you buy & collect on the day.

Why not get it fixed?

Ah, just about to post a great place but you're in Somerset and this place are in Kent........

This is them though - they might deliver????http://www.wrightswarehouse.co.uk/

Site's down at the moment but give them a ring - you don't know til you ask

We bought ours at the local electrical independent - but armed with internet prices for comparison/bargaining. They got very close to online prices and are not too far away in case of problems.

Thanks everyone. We'll get some quotes on a repair, I suspect the element as well - it makes all the right noises just doesn't get hot. It's quite old though and I'm thinking we may as well get a new one rather than repair it and have something else break 6 months down the road.

So I opened up the back panel to have a look at the element, some kind of residue on it that came away in my hand along with a 2" chunk of the element :)

Found a place online that sells the spare so I've ordered one, figure at £25 it's worth a punt to see if it sorts it out...

Just an update - the new element arrived today and it's all sorted (y)

Hmm... what can I spend the £300 I saved on :LOL:

Me! me!

didn't notice this before but Boots was doing some good deals on white goods :)

Back