Over The Fence.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Well.. on it to be more accurate. I've noticed my elusive Wren alighting regularly on a fence which I can't reach from my normal vantage points, so today, I tried setting the tripod up in the open getting comfy on a chair and keeping stiller than a really still thing. I still didn't get a sharp shot of the wren - she's beating me hands down at the moment. :bang:

I did get others landing there though who didn't seem unduly bothered by me - including this sparrow..

sparrow-01.jpg

A young Song Thrush I think. but no doubt someone (Ven) will tell me if it isn't.

Thrush.jpg

And a Magpie. It's difficult to have much affection for these wanton killers, but there's no denying they're a striking bird.

maggieonfence.jpg

Gah!!! best chance at the wren yet, and the light was going so I'd cranked the ISO right up. :shrug:

WrenOnFence.jpg

CT said:
A young Song Thrush I think. but no doubt someone (Ven) will tell me if it isn't.
Thrush.jpg

'tis a young Robin CT ... very well caught as they are quite shy ... until they have moulted out they generally stay hid in the undergrowth ... hence the totally different coloration to their gorgeous parents !

Some more great shots CT ... and without the prize Spruce ! You have done well to capture the fiesty little Wren so well too ...

TFS ...

Venomator said:
'tis a young Robin CT ... very well caught as they are quite shy ... until they have moulted out they generally stay hid in the undergrowth ... hence the totally different coloration to their gorgeous parents !

Some more great shots CT ... and without the prize Spruce ! You have done well to capture the fiesty little Wren so well too ...

TFS ...

Well I'll be blowed! I had to check my trusty bird book to confirm that you are indeed correct and it's a juvenile Robin. I should have realised looking at that eye! Thanks mate... learn something every day. :)

I don't think I'm ever gonna get the killer wren shot, she's just never still for one nanosecond.

CT said:
I don't think I'm ever gonna get the killer wren shot, she's just never still for one nanosecond.
maybe you need a hide!

nice captures with great bokeh :)

noah said:
maybe you need a hide!

LOL Or full cammo gear. Problem is she's just never still, I get the chances. It's me or her now - total war - no messin', if I have to glue her to a branch. ;)

CT said:

You are welcome ... nice to assist even if it's not photo skills ! (y)

My wrens come right to my feet ... all you need is mealworms (or better still waxworms) and loadsa patience (and dosh) ! ;)

From this pic opps should present ? :thinking:

Although I am guilty of not even trying yet as I don't think about it when they are shouting at the backdoor impatiently !?! :nono:

LOL sounds great Rog but you really should oughta be showing us some pics. ;)

Where does one acquire said worms? :naughty:

I keep meaning to try ... honest guv'nor ! :p

Been out prospecting and networking this week but, if she is still game I will try seriously later in the week or early next ... maybe ! :shrug:

dont have a lot of birds round where i live, it was a building site not that long ago and its taken some time to get nature back, slow and steady, but they are coming in...someones hot housemartins just up the road!

Back