Over the shoulder bag

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone recommend a lightweight over the shoulder bag that will hang on the hip and can hold up to three small prime lenses? I have the 35,50 and 85 nikon primes that i'm going to make use of at an upcoming event. I only have the one camera and i want to be able to keep them close and access them relatively quickly.

Should note, i'd like to be able to chuck in an SB600 too, not concerned about it holding a camera.

My own research has got me to the Domke F-5XZ...any more options would be great! :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
I find it Lowpro Sling 200 is pretty good. it fits my gripped D300 with 28-70 f2.8, 1 flash and a 35mm prime without a problem.

I already have that bag, its not the kind i want for this shoot though, i need a shoulder bag that hangs down near the hip where my left arm can simply drop down and pull out a new lens quickly. Thanks though! :)

If its just a few lens you could go for lowepro nova type smaller bag.
If you want something a little bigger what about the event messenger bag?
I have them both and they are great. I use the messenger nearly all the time.

I also use the lowpro Nova for smaller setup. It can easily fit my gripped D7000 with 17-50 f2.8 attached, 1 flash and 2 prime fitted in the bag. Plenty of pocket for spare cards, batteries etc.

Cheers guys, Jamie, the Event messenger looks ideal, nice to have something that isn't black and looks a little retro ! Cheers mate.

What about the crumpler gigolo..had mine a few weeks and a great bag which will open completely (not just from the top) gives easy access and good camera and lens protection

Cheers guys, Jamie, the Event messenger looks ideal, nice to have something that isn't black and looks a little retro ! Cheers mate.

I got one of those and so glad I did. The only downside is there is not much rain protection. But I rarely take mine out when I know its gonna have heavy rain. Also love the fact its not black and doesn't screams I am a camera bag!

Billingham Hadley (pro or small). Excellent bags!
This.

I've had and still have Lowepro Nova, it is so tacky compared to the Billingham.

Currently I use Hadley Pro for carrying stuff with me, it's comfortable, it's rain proof and it doesn't scream "camera bag". Nova in the car with tripod for extra kit such as flash triggers, ultra wide angle lens and GND filter kit.

Done a little more research and the Think Tank Retrospective lens changer 3 looks like the best choice, thanks Barry for the suggestion.

Back