Over the water

Really like the second. Lovely colors and serenity to it.
The first requires a little horizon straightening.

Really like the second. Lovely colors and serenity to it.
The first requires a little horizon straightening.

Thanks i'll sort that out :) not use to having to sort horizons out when taking images of stars .

should add that the rocks are extremely slippery and the tide comes in very very fast.

Two pleasing images Danny, but I feel they could be improved if you were higher up giving a larger focal point into the frame.

Two pleasing images Danny, but I feel they could be improved if you were higher up giving a larger focal point into the frame.

Both very nice, but I was going to say the same - especially in the first, I really want to see a little more of the curve round to the left.

i did try paul as i wanted more of the sea to left my self. there wasn't any where i could find that i could set up the tripod. the rocks were covered in seaweed and algae making setting up a PITA. That tide moves quick aswell. definitely one to return and try again.

the 2nd one i was able to do so but made the end of the jettie look funny

Last edited:
Sounds like the place was teasing you [emoji51]. As said always another day and staying safe.

Sounds like the place was teasing you [emoji51]. As said always another day and staying safe.
i probably didnt pick the best tide either. over 8 meters at high tide the highest of the week was 9

Very nice Danny and reminds me I nees to head back to west Kirby. That first one is about 10 feet from where my XT10 took a dive into the last week.

With the first one you need to be higher so you can see the bend, which I have no idea how to achieve, like you say the rocks are lethal, so wouldn't fancy trying a step ladder to get that extra foot or 2.

Nice work mate.

Very nice Danny and reminds me I nees to head back to west Kirby. That first one is about 10 feet from where my XT10 took a dive into the last week.

With the first one you need to be higher so you can see the bend, which I have no idea how to achieve, like you say the rocks are lethal, so wouldn't fancy trying a step ladder to get that extra foot or 2.

Nice work mate.
thanks for backing me up on how lethal those rocks are!!

hope your xt10 is still working though?

I chickened out on those rocks. Was trying for the higher shot to get the bend but realised the water was quickly surrounding me. It had been raining and the slime was wet. Didn't fancy a broken leg. You did well to get that. Thought you said you'd had problems?

I chickened out on those rocks. Was trying for the higher shot to get the bend but realised the water was quickly surrounding me. It had been raining and the slime was wet. Didn't fancy a broken leg. You did well to get that. Thought you said you'd had problems?
wanna see the RGB for a LOL

Well what's the problem you keep on about?

it was processing and composition, seascapes are new too me. its all sorted now though. i had some advice from a friend whos been a tog for years so i stuck with it. i was about to bin it otherwise

Back