Overnight Carrier.

Name
Anthony.
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, when you sell camera gear etc in the classifieds who do you use for overnight delivery? And also one who will “insure” the gear you send out? Cheers.

I usually you Royal Mail Special Delivery with the correct value insured. I’ve never had to make a claim so I don’t know how good the insurance would be, but the other side of that is I’ve not needed to make an insurance claim.

Last edited:
Royal Mail Special Delivery here too but currently you are unlikely to get an 'overnight' service.

As above, Royal Mail Special Delivery or Parcelforce 48 is good too if it's a large item or no need for next day.

RMSD insures you for £750 as standard and you can up the value if required. If the package is over 2kg I think you cannot use RMSD. It then requires Parcelforce24 and insurance. Which if it is a valuable item is not cheap. I wouldn’t take the risk as you just never know. By the way I think most couriers will not guarantee next day delivery under the current virus conditions. First Class and First Class Recorded are taking 3 to 4 days sometimes.

RMSD insures you for £750 as standard and you can up the value if required. If the package is over 2kg I think you cannot use RMSD. It then requires Parcelforce24 and insurance. Which if it is a valuable item is not cheap. I wouldn’t take the risk as you just never know. By the way I think most couriers will not guarantee next day delivery under the current virus conditions. First Class and First Class Recorded are taking 3 to 4 days sometimes.
Rmsd is £500 as standard.

Last edited:

The 2kg limit is for the small parcel size limit. The weight limit on RMSD for a medium sized parcel is up to 20kg and can be insured up to £2500. You can’t send large parcels or another over 20kg by RMSD.

The pricing tool is very useful if you are sending a parcel. it’s very useful to check the cheapest option as often for an expensive item RMSD is actually cheaper than parcelforce (It’s not the way I’d expect it to be). For cheaper items parcelforce is usually cheaper than RMSD. And don’t get me started on their changes to tracked24/48 which are now only available online and have to be dropped off at my nearest delivery office rather than the local post office. That’s a right pain for smaller cheaper items.

https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Last edited:
We ship RMSD in our business and it’s £750.

We must get a better service being a business then. We use Royal Mails Click And Drop service for our business.

Back