Overnight Low

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
According to the met office the lowest temperature overnight reached here in the balmy south (Bournemouth) was -6.9°.
I feel sure our northern cousins can beat that by some margin but for Bournemouth cant be far off the record.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk if you fancy having a look and sharing. Who had the lowest?

The car's outside thermometer said -5 when I set out to play g*** yesterday morning and said -6 when I got to the club. Cold enough to freeze the balls of the tee! Was a PITA when putting - the grass was frozen to the balls within a second or 2 of placing them on the greens and the water in the bottoms of a couple of the holes was frozen.
Not a lot warmer this morning, despite heading out a couple of hours later. Fog was more of a problem, although we were the only idiots out on the course so not in danger from other people's balls!

Benson in Oxon is always the coldest, something about it being in a dip at the foot of some hills.

-5 yesterday at 5am, just around 0 today at 5am, it soon climbed to +8 today, barely hit +1 yesterday ..
Summer has arrived :woot:

something about it being in a dip at the foot of some hills.
That'll be the Chiltern Hills then :D

-5 yesterday at 5am, just around 0 today at 5am, it soon climbed to +8 today, barely hit +1 yesterday ..
Summer has arrived

That'll be the Chiltern Hills then :D

If you live in Cambs, hills are a strange concept to comprehend

If you live in Cambs, hills are a strange concept to comprehend
:LOL:

The Chilterns have a lot to answer for, my favourite hang out, Whipsnade zoo and the fact that the red kite introduction programme was along the Bledlow ridge, hell fire caves ( club)
And that's just off the top of my head :)

Was above freezing here in Glasgow this morning - and yesterday too :D <smug>

Benson is reliably cold. -9.0°C last night, apparently.

Tropical here. T shirt weather in Edinburgh.
9C just now, heating is off.

It's going to be a slightly chilly -10c on the way to work tomorrow morning, and then a real Arctic low is supposed to settle in next week pushing our highs to around -15c and lows of -24c.

Can't really complain as November was a decent month with very minimal snowfall.

Winter is coming!!!!

I couldn't be bothered to get up and out to see the temperature, but considering our heating was broken it was flipping cold last night.

Mate told me his bedroom is extremely cold, ever since he came back off his honeymoon...

Minus 8 here in T'NorthNorth van doors frozen shut.

Currently a scorching 32oF here in Milton Keynes-on-frost (y)

Had to scrape the car this morning at 05:30.

Said -2 on the way to the train station.

Nice and toasty in the office though :)

Well, the week is starting off colder than was predicted.

At 8.00am, it's currently -17c, with a windchill factor making it feel like -27c; we have strong, 20 to 40km/h NW winds blowing in.

-17c is the high today, and by the end of the day we'll be at -19c.

Midweek will get even colder, and the forecast is for this to last at least 2 weeks. Old Man Winter has finally arrived!

At 8.00am, it's currently -17c, with a windchill factor making it feel like -27c; we have strong, 20 to 40km/h NW winds blowing in.

Midweek will get even colder, and the forecast is for this to last at least 2 weeks. Old Man Winter has finally arrived!
I'd rather that than the cold and damp winters we normally get here.
I spent sometime in SD some years back. -40 was a tad cold, but I found @ 0oC I could walk about in a T-shirt.
Go figure ( as they say out there )

Does this mean you'll be digging out the patio heater for any bbq's? :eek:

I'm still yet to experience temperature falling below 0 C this season. Joys of living on the South Coast with a relatively warm English Channel close by. It did get down to 1.6 C at 7.30 this morning with a touch of frost on car roofs.

I don't think we are going to have any decent wintry weather on this side of Christmas but at least things are being relatively quiet so far this season. On this day last year we were on the fourth named storm (Desmond). This year we're still on the first (A for Angus).

I'd rather that than the cold and damp winters we normally get here.
I spent sometime in SD some years back. -40 was a tad cold, but I found @ 0oC I could walk about in a T-shirt.
Go figure ( as they say out there )

I love the really cold winter's of Edmonton. We generally get bright sun and big blue skies, and as it's a very dry cold it's somewhat bearable. Winter's at half the temperature in Toronto, were just nasty due to the lake effect.

It's all about wearing the correct clothing, especially when there is a possibility of frostbite!

Does this mean you'll be digging out the patio heater for any bbq's? :eek:

I BBQ in all weathers! Sure it takes a little longer when the outside temperature is -20 to -30, but nothing stops me. And using a BBQ when cooking salmon or char, is an absolute must. Can't have the house smelling of fish for days ;).

Last edited:
An extreme cold warning was issued this morning by Environment Canada for the majority of Alberta. Starting temperature this morning was -24c, with a windchill factor making it feel like -31c; in Edmonton at least. Colder in other parts.

The overnight in Edmonton will be -28c, and windchill factor of -38c.

Definitely a night to be staying put!!!

An extreme cold warning was issued this morning by Environment Canada for the majority of Alberta. Starting temperature this morning was -24c, with a windchill factor making it feel like -31c; in Edmonton at least. Colder in other parts.

The overnight in Edmonton will be -28c, and windchill factor of -38c.

Definitely a night to be staying put!!!
That'll be one of them thar 3 dog nights then ;)

+12oC Norfolk (UK) area today ;)
+8oC at 5am, the weather has gone screwy here ....

Back