Overnight stops in Brittany

Name
Pat MacInnes
Edit My Images
Yes
At the end of July, we’re doing our annual French trip with the kids and just need some info on somewhere to stop overnight on the way.
Stupidly, I forgot to book the ferry to Roscoff and subsequently all the St Malo sailings that fitted our time slot were gone. So I’ve opted for a 4:20pm tunnel crossing and then a few hours driving before we stop for the night. Then, next day it’s pick up the route and head to Quimper, so a long trip in total.
Anyone got any suggestions on hotels and B&Bs that they’ve used that have been good? Kids are 1 and 5 so we’d need somewhere family-friendly.
Also, anyone been to Quimper? What do you reckon to keep the kids happy? Hopefully it’ll be blazing sun and we’ll spend a load of time on the beach near the site but if there are any good castles nearby, fire away – we’re meeting friends there so our collection of little boys will want to do a bit of swordplaying in the ramparts!!!

we stayed at Le Guilvenic (beautiful white sands with old 2nd world war gun emplacements) about 20 miles from Quimper (kempey) went into Quimper on a couple occasions for the day, lovely riverside walks but dont remember much for kids to do

That's as long as the ferries aren't on strike or le froggies burning the train tracks :thinking:

Back