overstepping the taste line...

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
i had a good idea for a photo but i think it might be polevaulting over the acceptable taste line....

basically i want to get a car (preferably an old and battered one) take its wheels off and put it on bricks, all positioned within a disabled parking space, i think it might be quite striking but i think its might be pushing the boundaries of taste a step to far...

comments people....

I quite like the idea as it would portray there are different types of disablement. I don't think it would be in bad taste personally, but I do sense that it could offend some as not being very PC.

cant see a taste issue myself, i can see a legal issue if you do that in a public place

if you are going to do this, i susggest finding a car park of a shop or business that does not open on a weekend, get permission from the owners to do it ! Then you cannot be criticised for taking a disabled space from someone that may need it, and no one can take a pop for doing it without permission !

cant see any taste problems myself ! only trouble may be if you did it and caused a disabled person a problem by using the space !

Ian's right, if you apply the right forethought, planning and permission, then I don't see it as overstepping the taste boundaries at all.

However, be warned, if you're taking up a disabled space, people WILL tell you off! (Been there before when I worked for the BBC :confused:)

Interesting idea, can't see why it would be a problem, I think you'll find even disabled people have a sense of humour! It'd be even funnier/more stiking if you could find one of those electric minicar things and put that up on bricks!

Marcel said:
Ian's right, if you apply the right forethought, planning and permission, then I don't see it as overstepping the taste boundaries at all.

However, be warned, if you're taking up a disabled space, people WILL tell you off! (Been there before when I worked for the BBC :confused:)

Get yourself down to your local Superstore tomorrow before they open.

As a father to a disabled person i find myself asking a few questions,

the ' legal ' side has been covered, sort-of , i dont think its the shops responsability to allow you to park ( or use ) a disabled parking space, that would almost certainly be down to the local highways department , as officially you need a government issued badge to use it,

secondly , what are you trying to communicate with the image ?

are you trying to say that a car with no wheels is disabled andd as such can use the space ? or something else ?

not having a go.....trying to understand

MyPix

as an afterthought , there might be other related issues to your actions , health and safety ones mainly , you are creating a situation ( in public ) where you are making a car ( on bricks ) unstable , and potentially a high risk accident situation , to yourself or the public,
there is a public liablility risk also , which could involve you being prosecuted if anything happens to persons or property ,
the list could go on and on..

Sounds like some photoshoppery might be the best solution?

Pfft, if anyone moans about you using the space after you have taken the shot, just tell them there was a orange badge on the dash, its up to the moaner to prove otherwise, lol. I'm with the others about doing this before shops open, or better still, at night, that could be a cool image.

I should imagine its mighty difficult to get your message across before you've shared a picture, after all, everyone interprets in different ways. Personally I do not worry about taste, if it stirs an emotion, be it good or bad, then go for it.

hmm,

looks like i will have to dump the people carrier accross ur drive for a few hours one morning......it wont be that much of a problem , would it ?

na.......i prolly wouldnt, i'm nicer than that.......are you ?

MyPix

the way i was looking at it was more taking the meaning literally "disabled car parking space" i.e a space for disabled cars. not really trying to offend or make any deep statement about disability. but it might make people look twice etc.

safetywise it would be dead easy to put the car up on axle stands and then hide the stands with bricks.

Back