Owen's 52 - updated with low down

Yes a good use of Passion to show your hobby in (a good light) I think it's a great set of photo's and give a insight to the underwater world few will know in person...Excellent stuff...:clap::clap::clap:

Well done Owen... I agree, the image works well, and the noiseiness fits. I'm surprised, given the murky waters around here you managed to get something that clear, thanks for sharing the extra shots.

Here are my water shots. I took them a few weeks ago but I've only just got round to processing them.

I spend a lot of time messing about on the water (as you saw last week), so I had a bit of choice. I've chosen one taken on the boat, where my friends dealing with the fruits of the sea, and another from in the water looking at the boat.

[click on the photos to see them bigger]

Last edited:
Two more great shots from you (y)

I love the set up for the first one, especially the way that your friends are framed in that opening. I'm not sure if it's just my monitor or if it's the processing though; but the WB looks a bit off to me. The skin tones look a bit grey . . . :thinking: although that could be a combination of sea-sickness and the cold water ;) :D

The second one is my favourite of the two. Did you say that you took this from in the water?
It's incredibly sharp if you did :clap:
I love the colours and the low point of view.

Love the passion shot - the action shot almost has a photojournalistic feel! Great image!

The second water shot really works for me - the low angle and composition work terrifically!

2 really good water shots. Love the PP in them. Quite a washed out look (pun unintended :LOL:)

Some great shots again from you Owen...now is it me or are you just missing out on the themes... your diving shot was perfect for the Bubbles theme...and you water shot of the boat was perfect for the Low down theme this week...:LOL:

I love that low angle shot of the boat, and as I hate going on boats or getting my camera wet...it's a shot I'm never likely to ever have in my photo collection...great stuff...:clap::clap::clap:

Catch up time. :)

I love your Passion shot. It's got great atmosphere and captures the mystery of under water. The graininess and noise makes it look like a still from a 1960s tv series about deep sea diving (can't remember the name of the programme but for me they were unmissable! Ooops - showing my age again!) (y)

Water - I definitely prefer the second one - the pov makes it a winner imho. :clap:

Jean

Here are my efforts for low down. These were actually some of the first photos I took with my new camera, I only just returned to those photos to have a fiddle with processing etc. I quite like them :).

Low Down No.1

Low Down No.2

I know, I know - I'm falling behind..:nono:. I'll try and do something for bubbles and out of context this weekend... (y)

Last edited:
The Low Down shots are good, I think the second one is the better without the (fiddle with processing) but that's just me...:thinking:

I also think a quick straighten up would add more to the shot...

But overall it a nice effort for the theme...(y)

I quite like the strange processing of the first one. Both are really good shots though. Like them a lot (y)

Very good take on the theme (y)

First one I think could do with a bit of a straighten, but I really love the contrasty, blue processing . . . just not overly fond of the vignette if I'm honest.

Second one again is a good shot but it's missing some of the impact of the first one for me. The dof is a bit too much and without the quirky processing it's just not quite as interesting.

For those reasons No.1 definitely gets my vote. Like Jean said, it's got an arty look and I could see it in a glossy brochure too. (but minus the vignette . . . please!)

Water... both very good shots. I really like the framing and processing on the first, but the low view of the boat from the water wins it for me.

Low Down... I prefer the first... there's not enough in focus on the bridge in the second one. I really like the processing on the first too (y)

Low down - good shot. I think I agree with the others on Prefering No1

Back