owl

Name
Martyn
Edit My Images
Yes
having enjoyed the sunshine today, i ventured out to where i know of an owl.

sat for ages watching the light reduce fast........ sat at a mere 35 yards off this tree, on full zoom with my 18-200.... awaiting a head show, when this fox appeared below the tree. my initial insinct was to fire a rapid burst, but none captured the fox as i was out full on the zoom. :nuts:

anyway the bird never made an appearance while i sat there..... cold and damp i lost faith (and light)

but after returning to view.... i'm sure i could see an owl in the void'

what's your verdict?

saved.jpg

crop.jpg

Last edited:
heres the shot of the gate the fox came under, saw me trying to scramble a flick of a shot before disapearing ......... (flash fired to try a test shot for the next time) now i know his path'

fox.jpg

Difficult shot ,poor light outside and in the tree,could be an owl in there.

Either that or a giant woodpecker judging by the size of that hole :shrug:

I opened up the image on photoshop and had a play with the levels but I can't really see of anything that resembles an owl.

If you can find a sound of a tawny owl male or female you could try playing it near the tree. With the breeding season upon us it is likely you will get a reply and maybe a show.

I would only do it a handful of times but it is commonly used to find out if owls are in the area when carrying out bird counts.

Back