Owls and Buzzards and a test gallery

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
:wave: hello all.

Ok, some friends and I packed up the Nikons and headed over to Gloucester yesterday to visit the barn owl centre.

It was an amazing day with some fabulous birds and Vince was great, knowledgeable about both birds and photography and humourous to boot. I would highly recommend one of these days to anyone.

I ended up with way to many pics to post them all, even my website gallery hasnt got the all, so I figured the best way was to provide the link to the gallery. Please excuse the fact that the gallery does not look the same as the rest of the wesite - the whole thing is about to undergo a change, so I am just playing with Jalbum to see what formats I like

Barn Owl Day Gallery

Here is one of the actually less good ones, just to tempt you to see the others :LOL: ;)

eagleowl.jpg

Looks like you had a great day out - and got some stunning photos too! (y) I really liked the shot of an Owl, (sorry, not sure what kind of owl it is,) flying down from the top of a tree - your capture really shows of its incredible wingspan! You've got some lovely static shots as well imho, top job!:clap:

(y) nice eagle owl shot

:cautious: i just had a little play in ps7 and if you wanted to clone out the handler on the above shot it does look qiute good " or would done properly"
:shrug:

excellent set of shots there :) wish i had been able to make it myself but work have been having issues with a customer and i didnt know if i had to go or not until too late :( will definitely keep an eye out for one of these events though :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

ian - there were 5 of us altogether, 3 of us together, and two individuals, and to be honest, I would comfortably go again onmy own now, or to something similar - it was so friendly, so worth giving them a call and seeing if any days are available as and when you get chance. Same for anyone else, seriously, if you have a chance, give it a go, well worth the £60 IMO. :D

dave - yes, and eventually i will have a play with it, I initially kept the handler in because it was a a friend, though I cropped most of him out for posting ;) I will try and get hold of the shot of the Eagle owl landing on me... at 5'2", the bird was nearly as big as me at full wing span :nuts:

I've checked and yes :agree: it is one of the less good ones.
You've got much better in your gallery (y) (some are very good)

This one is slightly OOF/blurred cant decide which and the framing is off IMHO, needs more space to fly into.

Good day then!

:LOL: It worked though, you looked :D

I know, like I say, the bird was pretty central, with a whole person stood there.....it may not stay in the gallery but it may when I have had a play..and yes, great day thanks. ;)

There is one I am working on now, but needs some extreme editing - you will see what I mean.... I had it in mind for the POTY this month, but its would be too obvious it was mine so going to post it as soon as I have finished with PS

EDIT - here he is - quality not really good enough for comp anyway, but if you look very carefully at this baby tawny owls eye, not only will you see what weather we had, but at least 3 dumb featherless bi-pods with pointy black things :LOL:

reflect.jpg

Wow!
Youve got some fabulous captures there LL.
Cant really choose a fave from those ... I think Ive found one then find the next one becomes my fave!

Love the shots of the owls in flight, amazing wingspan!
Baby Tawny owl made me chuckle! (y)

LadyLens, some lovely images there, very nice indeed, will have to look into going on one of those days I think

Alan

:) Lovely gallery with some terrific shots!..Looks like a great place to visit,may have to take a trip there one day.

Thanks again peeps. :) Just to finish the thread off, I had photobox print a couple of them - an A3 of the long eared owl off the D70s, and an A2 of the barn owl off the D200, and they are fantastic. Got them on my wall here in my little den/office at home - both are bigger than the birds themselves were and totally pin sharp. So go on guys [and gals], get over there, you won't be disappointed. :D

Back