Owl's

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
This is my first attempt at photographing birds in flight. Some of the wings are a bit blurred, I was struggling to get a high shutter speed. I will have to start saving for a faster lens. All of the photo's were taken at the Bird of Prey Centre, Old Warden, Bedfordshire. Any comments welcome.

2678.JPG

2702.JPG

2703.JPG

2710.JPG

2732.JPG

Cracking shots. I wouldn't worry to much about the blur on the wings. I think you have nailed them spot on. Especially 2,3,4and 5

Good attempted its not easy (y)
1) #1 is a bit soft.
2) it doesn't really matter IMHO if the wing tips are a bit blurred sometimes it can give the impression of movement
( rather like the "aircraft boys" getting a blurred prop)
3) Phil Gooden should be shot for letting his staff fly the owls with mews jesses on ( the ones with slits) thats just asking for trouble.
But that's out of you control :D

2,4 for me. Not much wrong with them IMHO

Cracking set. #2, 3 & 4 are fantastic. I think the wing blur really adds to the shots.

wow - #1 is out of focus

But the others - you've managed focus on the eyes and have nailed it pretty much spot on. In those circumstances - sharp face, movement on the wings gives a good sense of action.

#4 is the stand out for me. Composition in #2 is spoiled by the post.

Thanks for all the comments, these are the best of 276 shots, so it was not easy. I took some shots of the Falcon's as well, non of them were much good, They are a lot faster than the Owl's.

2, 3, 4 and 5 are great, but I'm really taken by 3. Brilliant!

Back