Oxburgh Hall

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
A few simple shots of Oxburgh Hall in Norfolk. Playing with my recently acquired Sigma 10-20. Advice and critique welcome as always.

8087554804_860e9c8b08_b.jpg

8087554112_f1be8a188d_b.jpg

8087632888_ab4333c782_b.jpg

I like these a lot, Nice and sharp and lovely light. The shadows are a bit overpowering in the B&W shot causing a lot of foreground detail to be lost.

I like these a lot, Nice and sharp and lovely light. The shadows are a bit overpowering in the B&W shot causing a lot of foreground detail to be lost.

Thanks for the comment. I can see what you mean about the mono one. It looks a lot brighter before the Flickr upload :thinking:

The light was challenging as you can see from the clouds. Waiting for the moment between cloud and full sunlight was limiting, but good practice. And 9 times out of 10 someone walks into shot at just the wrong moment!

I'm really liking this Sigma 10-20 though. Not a bright lens, but great fun to use.

Very nice set of images, great composition and nice colour. I like the monochrome version and only comment would be the foreground is a little dark, that sad stil a great shot.

I really like the compositions. The perspectives and reflections are spot on. I prefer 1 & 2 though, I'm not a big fan of B&W for this sort of image.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I did an OK job then :) Just need to have a play with the B&W one.

The Sigma 10-20 is a great lens and I think #2 shows it off to good advantage, nice composition, lead-in and reflection.
#1 seems to have a bit of a yellow cast to it :thinking:

The Sigma 10-20 is a great lens and I think #2 shows it off to good advantage, nice composition, lead-in and reflection.
#1 seems to have a bit of a yellow cast to it :thinking:

Thanks for the comment Gramps.

#1 was probably a bit warm on the WB rather than a cast as such. As an aside, I was using a Jacobs polariser I picked up for £16.00 on eBay since their demise. It's a great filter with no vignette on the 10-20..... I had to add my own :LOL:

Back