weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

That second one is a lovely shot of your dad.
Great photo for Sharp, love that you can see the shot coming out of the barrel.

Top marks for the timing! Did you use a sound activated camera trigger? The overprocessed colours work this case I think, as does the extreme Dutch tilt (y)

Top marks for the timing! Did you use a sound activated camera trigger? The overprocessed colours work this case I think, as does the extreme Dutch tilt (y)

Ta - no trigger - just a lot of shots and a big dollop of luck :)

Ta :)

This was another candidate for SHARP Shooter.

i-RdRwM3x-XL.jpg

If the clay is going left to right he missed. Did you treak that or got very lucky with both of your trigger fingers.

Nice colours Dave

Pete

If the clay is going left to right he missed. Did you treak that or got very lucky with both of your trigger fingers.

Nice colours Dave

Pete

It was going straight up - and he hit it :)

Lots of luck aye :)

I agree with everyone else, excellent timing on the sharp shooter and an interesting alternative to the theme. I also like the funky angle really make the most of the shot (groan, couldn't resist :))

sharp shooter (original entry) is, I think, shot of the week. :clap:

The tilt works wonderfully. The explosion out the end of the barrel is amazing .... I thought it might be shoppery at first but no.

Sharp
I like the shotgun shot, it must have taken a few attempts to get that.

Sharp
I like the shotgun shot, it must have taken a few attempts to get that.

Ta :)

Let’s just say I’m glad I wasn’t shooting film :)

Hi Dave,
Over (steer) - Great action shot, you got the pan spot on there byt thelooks of things :)
Age - Very Peter Hurley. Nice one :) The second shot is also very nice. Either/Both going up on your wall? They should be.
Sharp - Great action shot, very nicely captured. Colours possibly a bit Marmite, but look good to me. I think your horizon might be a degree or two off though ;)
Love your comment about not shooting film :)

Hi Dave,
Over (steer) - Great action shot, you got the pan spot on there byt thelooks of things :)
Age - Very Peter Hurley. Nice one :) The second shot is also very nice. Either/Both going up on your wall? They should be.
Sharp - Great action shot, very nicely captured. Colours possibly a bit Marmite, but look good to me. I think your horizon might be a degree or two off though ;)
Love your comment about not shooting film :)

Cheers for that Tim :)

Over(steer) - great action shot
Age - I like the outside shot of your dad more than the first
Sharp - the gun shot is a really good capture I love that you captured the blast
Guarded - That was quick of the mark, you look ready to defend the B/W suits it

Guarded - Wow that was quick! very nice works well with the tight crop giving a close up of the sward and the look of your not coming through here. The B&W conversion adds that bit of menace to the image

Guard(ed) - as others has said, the tight crop works really well as does the b&w. Great shot for the theme.

Thanks folks.

I had the Katana penciled for a "SHARP" shot in case the Clay Pigeon Shooting and Archery didn't result in a shot. It did - but "Guarded" slotted right in there :)

Sharp - I love clay shooting but dont get the time these days, plus its also something Ive wanted to photograph. You have caught the moment just right there.

Guard - a very moody and apprehensive shot, I like that a lot.

I agree, first shot needs the rest of his head in it....

Maybe - but then there would have been a shelf full of cakes in the shot :)

Sharp - I love clay shooting but dont get the time these days, plus its also something Ive wanted to photograph. You have caught the moment just right there.

Guard - a very moody and apprehensive shot, I like that a lot.

Ta muchly :)

I agree with the above, good composition and processing for the theme, the facial expression is spot on.

Thanks again folks :)

What a great image Dave - very much on theme and lovely conversion imho. Definately would not want to be messing with this guy! (you?)

Thanks - yes - 'tis I :)

Age(ing) - I must admit I think the second image of your dad is perfect, lovely colours, certainly an image to treasure.

Sharp - Interesting angle, but again it is another lovely bright colourful image.

Guard(ed) - great facial expression, B&W works very well for this image, nicely executed.

Guarded, lovely atmospheric Image Dave, good details in the B&W conversion.

Pete

Back