weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

Week 43 : Spooky

Ahem.... Last Sunday I had a mooch on the beach at Hest Bank where an old jetty built in about 1820 is now exposed after about 3m of mud has eroded in the last couple of years. And yes - I slipped while crossing a small gully. Landed camera first, followed by my face - straight into the hefy Nikon Z9. No Halloween mask required this year And yes, the camera is unharmed :ROFLMAO:

i-67tgV6q-X2.jpg

Quite a shiner you have there, and quite a recommendation for the sturdiness of the Z9!

Quite a shiner you have there, and quite a recommendation for the sturdiness of the Z9!

Thanks Martin. Kudos to the Tamron 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Z too as that took the brunt of the impact of the fall!

Ouch!

Still, as you say, it saves on Halloween tat.

Ouch indeed! #wince

Aye - a few bob saved towards the Nikon ZF haha!

Lawks! Thats a hell of a bang! Good selfie though! :LOL:
Ta - it’s on the mend now but looks worse! The looks i’ve been getting lol.

Ouch, nice to see you're showing true committment to the theme..

Oooh, that looks sore, still well done no damaging the Z9 - that might have been more painful

Oooh, that looks sore, still well done no damaging the Z9 - that might have been more painful
Ta - oh aye for sure! The Tamron is built like a tank too and took that hit at 45 degrees to the ground!!!!

Forgotten... really nice set, not sure it was worth the result though :oops: :$
Spooky looks nasty... but then keeping gear safe can be more important that personal damage :LOL:

Forgotten... really nice set, not sure it was worth the result though :oops: :$
Spooky looks nasty... but then keeping gear safe can be more important that personal damage :LOL:

Absolely Helen. After I hit the floor - first job was to get up to one knee and check the camera was ok :D

Week 44 : Captive

Bury Bolton Street Station on the East Lancs Railway yesterday :)

"NO you can't come out yet!"

i-fmHq6KD-X2.jpg

I like that - and especially the discarded Thomas face.

Thanks Paul :)

And yes - not one to show the Likkle Grandson!!!! :oops: :$ :eek:

That looks dangerous without a high viz on :)

Pic reminded me of my ex workplace and entry into confined spaces procedures/regs

Week 45 : Snappers' Choice

The Ashton Memorial in Williamson Park, Lancaster. 15min from home.

The Ashton Memorial is a folly in Williamson Park, Lancaster, Lancashire, England built between 1907 and 1909 by the millionaire industrialist Lord Ashton in memory of his second wife, Jessy.

Autumn in Lancaster by Dave Green, on Flickr

That’s a cracking shot, fantastic tree colours and an impressive looking building framed well within.

Lovely shot. I like the composition.

Lovely shot and framing. Autumn colours are special and they seem more vibrant than usual this year

Lovely shot and framing. Autumn colours are special and they seem more vibrant than usual this year
Thanks Keith. I've noticed that too! :)

I agree with the framing comments. That's very well done.
Kudos for planting the trees in just the right places Dave ;)

Ta - I was only 3 at the time too! ;)

I was tempted to replace this with a lovely Class 37 Diesel I togged the day after :love: :angelic:

Last edited:
Stunning shot, great compostion. It has a painterly quality too.

Captive - great photo, beautifully exposed and I too love the inclusion on Thomas' face, together with the step ladder there is a nice trio of grey.
Snappers Choice - wonderful colours and the orange leaves really compliment the blue roof.

Back