Oyster Catchers

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Another black and white pain in the proverbial to nail the exposure bird. I should just avoid any bird with this colour scheme. It was a bit rough on the beach today and damn cold but at least there was something to shoot.

Oyster Catcher 1.jpg Oyster Catcher A.jpg

Nice set Tim :)
- I prefer the second shot because of the lower POV and better view of the whole bird, however I think both have a slight blue cast - easily corrected in pp.
(PS -you were brave, venturing onto the shoreline after those dire warning from the Met Office about storm surges and Armageddon on the East coast ;))

Thank you Rustydon, much appreciated. Yes you are absolutely right there is a blue cast caused by me while tweaking and not being on top of such things while thawing out after being buffeted on the beach. I just corrected in the three shots I tinkered with.
Here is the third shot post correction and the two above now have same colour tonality of this one.

All the best and thanks for taking a look and pointing out something I should have picked up on.

Regards

Tim
Oyster Catcher 3A.jpg

They're very close for coastal Oystercatchers! I've always found them very skittish. Agree that the second one is better due to the lower POV, and you've already been made aware of the blue cast. Good set though.

Thank you htid, yes they are as you say very skittish. I've been watching a small group for around six months which seem to like a small area of beach near where I live. Other than real long shots which were of little use, today was the first time I managed to get tucked in within usable range and had a couple of minutes before they were gone. One of the group has one leg which has sustained a break in the past and has healed with a bend and some widening.

All the best

Tim

Number 2 for me. I usually find oyster catcher picture a bit spooky and they have scary eyes but your in picture 2 looks rather rounded and lovely.

Thank you very much for taking a look and replying Lemaietom, Yes I know what you mean about spooky, also if the light is really bright and it's tough to get anywhere near the birds the really bright bill colour and eyes totally wreck the image as can the white, really hard to nail.

Regards

Tim

Back