Ozeck II Lenses

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Are they any good? In the rich tradition of "if it's too good to be true...........", is this also the case with old MF lenses?

They seem extremely cheap on ebay.

Distributed by Comet if I remember correctly.
Most were so-so. 135 f 2.8 was pretty good for its day.

Thanks Ken. Was looking at the 28mm f2.8. From what I've found by googling, it's certainly not a bad lens and, for the price (c.£20), could always relist it and wouldn't lose too much I suppose.

I think the other major third party lens manufacturers were better: Tamron, Vivitar, Hoya.
But there again, it seems that Ozeck supplied Vivitar.

I was taking pics back then (early Eighties) with Yashica and Contax cameras. Ozeck were commonly thought of as not as good as other third party makers.

Is this for the OM? The Zuiko 28mm can be had for about £30 if your patient.

Yes Steve, it's for the OM. I had a look for the zuiko but the cheapest I could find on ebay was around the £70 mark. I know it might seem strange, but I only do BIN on ebay.

No, Il generally don't bother with auctions either. You could set up a saved search with price parameters then eBay will email you when one is listed. I've just checked and mine must have been an exception to the no auctions rule, but I got it for 25 quid...

I have an FD mount Ozeck 75-300mm f/5.6 that I sort of bought by accident (it came in a bundle with a lens I was after).

It's not particularly impressive.

I purchased the Ozeck one for £17.99 + postage so I'll see what it's like. I'll have a go at the saved search thing and, if a zuiko lens comes along at the right price, I may relist the Ozeck.

I've got an Ozeck 75-250mm f4.5...well it takes pleasant pictures and reasonably sharp, but I've better zooms and don't use it.

Looks good. Have you dealt with them before?

Many times, and I've visited their London base several times as well. Don't bother with email contact, the best way to get in touch is phone. Their website is a little antiquated but usable!

Many times, and I've visited their London base several times as well. Don't bother with email contact, the best way to get in touch is phone. Their website is a little antiquated but usable!

Thanks

Ok, interesting. First time in a long while that I've ordered goods where I'll receive an invoice rather than pay online.

MWClassic currently have a Olympus 28mm f2.8 Zuiko Auto-W lens for £29, see here.

There used to be a dealer down your way near Buckhold Rd Wandsworth, his prices used to be competitive. Dunno if he is still operating as I went past their place years ago and it just seem to be an office block.......could be just a middle man on commission rather than holding a large stock that they bought.

Looks good. Have you dealt with them before?
I've dealt with them quite a few times, mostly with no trouble at all. Their stuff is not always minty but the couple of times I've bought stuff that wasn't up to scratch it was something that couldn't actually be checked without running a film through it and I've returned it with no problem at all. Also, if you give them a call they will normally let you collect.

There used to be a dealer down your way near Buckhold Rd Wandsworth, his prices used to be competitive. Dunno if he is still operating as I went past their place years ago and it just seem to be an office block

I go down there fairly often and I think I'd have noticed it.

Top end in Wandsworth town centre - there used to be The Litten Tree pub there? It's all been demolished and redeveloped in the last few years.

I've dealt with them quite a few times, mostly with no trouble at all. Their stuff is not always minty but the couple of times I've bought stuff that wasn't up to scratch it was something that couldn't actually be checked without running a film through it and I've returned it with no problem at all. Also, if you give them a call they will normally let you collect.

Cheers Nick although I think I'll get it delivered, an 80 mile round trip might be a little counterproductive. ;)

There used to be a dealer down your way near Buckhold Rd Wandsworth, his prices used to be competitive. Dunno if he is still operating as I went past their place years ago and it just seem to be an office block.......could be just a middle man on commission rather than holding a large stock that they bought.

It doesn't ring a bell, but I don't buy much these days (and I'm trying to ensure it stays that way!).

Cheers Nick although I think I'll get it delivered, an 80 mile round trip might be a little counterproductive. ;)
They're pretty helpful and if you need a bit more info regarding condition etc they've always been pretty upfront with me although best not to ring them on a Friday as that seems to be their busiest day.

Well, the Ozeck arrived today so not bad given that the estimated date was Thur/Fri

Obviously can't test it out yet but can't fault the physical lens. Solidly built and in what looks like mint condition. Even came with a leather case which is also mint, can't complain for £18!

Thanks Ken, hopefully I've got a bargain. If not, well it is rather pretty. :D

Back